Accident down New Kent Road?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 12 September 2013 10.08am
My cousin has had to walk to my house from tescos old kent road because of a serious accident? I did see a emergency helicopter about 30 minutes ago, no buses are going down old kent road or new kent road..in case anyone has plans! wonder what has happened?

Related news & features

Thursday 12 September 2013 10.20am
I passed by while emergency services were in attendance. There didnt seem to be any cars / motorcycles / bikes around so I'm guessing it was an unfortunate pedestrian. It appeared to be very serious. Here's hoping for the best possible outcome.

Such a dangerous road!
Thursday 12 September 2013 10.25am
ps It was the NKR rather than OKR - between Harper Road and Falmouth ROad.
Thursday 12 September 2013 11.02am
Yes woman knocked over, apparently whilst on crossing by a vehicle that may not have seen the signal due to a bus in the inner lane. It took twenty minutes to get her into a stretcher and away, so it it serious and could become worse - the police are marking out the full scene.

It is a very unsafe road. Even when crossing at the lights, look for vehicles that haven't seen the signals. I had a near miss myself with a car on the outer lane that hadn't seen the light (and carried on unaware).
Thursday 12 September 2013 11.06am
the same crossing every time needs to be sorted needs light in middle
Thursday 12 September 2013 11.53am
Oh the poor woman, lets hope she recovers, the traffic belts down nkr. it's a good idea about a light in the middle, or even overhead? mind you the way some people drive nothing would make a difference , the speed they swing into our little road just to avoid the delay at the lights on roundabout is incredible would love to stand there with a speedgun..
Thursday 12 September 2013 12.20pm
James has the story on the front page now - "serious but stable" condition which is about as good as seemed possible from the efforts the emergency services were putting in at the scene. Hopefully she will enjoy a full recovery in time.
Thursday 12 September 2013 1.25pm
TFL need to install lights above the road so visiable to traffic in the outside lane. Not the first accident here and I'm sure it will not be the last until something is done.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: