Arnold Estate SE1 major works / service charges

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 15 September 2013 3.44pm
I have just received an offer to buy my flat in Arnold Est. (1 bed) from Southwark - i was just wondering is there anybody who lives on the Arnold, if so how much is your service charge (how many bedrooms) and have you had any quotes for major works charges? I have received a quote for 20,150 (5000) for communal heating/hot water pipework/radiators/boiler/insulation/heating carcass works... there seems to be no logical way that Southwark have calculated this... any assistance would be appreciated.
Monday 16 September 2013 8.50am
there used to be a southwark leaseholders group that could advise you? have they quoted 20,000 or 5000? The vagaries of the dept. that deals with service4 charges are a mystery, I know of two leaseholders that were chased up for massive amounts of money a few years after they had sold the property, one young lady a book-keeper had every single piece of paper she had received from southwark...went down from thousands to 50.00 which she did not owe and she would not pay! another friend of mine just off the blue, has had charges for tarmacing the square (again I believe and putting new rooves on!...very well m aintained some properties I tell you! because she can not afford to pay a charge has been put against the property when she sells...and while she was a tenant of her own volition put in new kitchen, bathroom,flooring her flat was and still is immaculate...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network