When will SE1 get Boris Bus?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 21 September 2013 2.35am
Any intelligence on when SE1 will get a Boris Bus route? If so, which routes?

Yes, I know many of you loathe this bus, but I actually like it quite a bit and think it would add some flair to the streets of SE1. Perhaps the 188 would be an ideal route, as then you could easily alight when you see a 1 behind you, aware that your 188 will inevitably terminate or torture you....
Saturday 21 September 2013 6.07am
[i]Agree, Agree, I want one -or two or three...[/i]
Saturday 21 September 2013 7.45am
I also really like the Boris Bus and wished indeed it came to SE1. Your suggestion to use it for the 188 makes perfect sense, but only for those with a travel card. For those using a pay as you go Oyster card, it would be an expensive alternative to a malfunctioning bus route!
Saturday 21 September 2013 8.36am
I look on the 188 as a sort of double-deck waiting room. It would be nice to see the New RM on the route though. I like it its design too, but am yet to get on one and see it properly.
Saturday 21 September 2013 3.10pm
Well, Route 11 which runs from Liverpool Street to Fulham Broadway converted to NBFL operation today.

Route 9 (Aldwych-Hammersmith) converts in October, with route 390 (Archway-Notting Hill) converting in November.

With around 600 of these buses ordered, I'm sure some will stray into SE1 at some point

Personally, I think routes like the 12, 36, 53 and 453 may get them in due course as they serve central london
Saturday 21 September 2013 3.16pm
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the routes which crosses Westminster Bridge gets the NB4L before too long

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 21 September 2013 7.05pm
Its a sexy machine...but, BorisBus? BorisBike?BorisIsland? whatever next?
Saturday 21 September 2013 10.15pm
I would like to see the Number 12 get them: it is the perfect tourist route and passengers can take in County Hall and the London Eye, Westminster Palace, The Mall, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Regent Street and Oxford Circus.

It was originally served by Routemasters, until they were replaced by bendy buses and now operates nondescript double deckers.

Surely such an illustrious route more than deserves a fleet of Boris Buses.
Sunday 22 September 2013 7.27pm
the man in the green suit wrote:
Well, Route 11 which runs from Liverpool Street to Fulham Broadway converted to NBFL operation today.
Route 9 (Aldwych-Hammersmith) converts in October, with route 390 (Archway-Notting Hill) converting in November.

With around 600 of these buses ordered, I'm sure some will stray into SE1 at some point

Personally, I think routes like the 12, 36, 53 and 453 may get them in due course as they serve central london

Only some 11's, most are still the Go Ahead ones.
Sunday 22 September 2013 9.27pm
Send TFL a freedom of information request asking them what the roll out plan is.....
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: