Hassan Bros - Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 22 September 2013 7.25am
Does anyone know anything about this place? Has anyone eaten there? is it even still open? I go past it quite a lot and never see anyone entering or leaving.
Sunday 22 September 2013 9.27am
I was wondering the same! There is always a sweet old man inside cleaning, but there never seems to be anyone there. The bf once said a guy walked in asking for fried chicken, and once the owner (I presume?!) said he had to wait 10 minutes and the teen walked out in a huff :(
Sunday 22 September 2013 9.28am
Hassan has it his place on Tower Bridge Road and has been there for donkey years. He has a steady and loyal clientele and is particularly appreciated by fellow shopkeepers on TBR. His kebabs are excellent and he is a very kind man. I think that of of the reasons that his shop seems less busy, is because he has less on offer, compared to the other (also very good) kebab and chicken shop, near the busstop and Tesco's.

Hassans interior is uniquely 1970's, formica tables and lots of orange and brown.

I am not a big kebab eater and as such don't frequent his shop as often as I'd like. But, seeing Hassan behind his window in his kitchen in his white coat, is pleasantly reassuring.
Sunday 22 September 2013 10.09am
I used to have a sheesh in there and it was always lovely...my Mum thought Hassan was a lovely man and he always gave her extra! it would be strange if it closed, better to do a few dishes well than fifty poorly?
Sunday 22 September 2013 12.14pm
Poor Mr Hassan won the pools,well he would of had the pools agent not pocketed his stake! (so legend has it)
Sunday 22 September 2013 12.16pm
boroughonian wrote:
Poor Mr Hassan won the pools,well he would of had the pools agent not pocketed his stake! (so legend has it)

Really?
Sunday 22 September 2013 2.28pm
maurits wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

Really?

Yes apparently so,it's a well known story around there,must've happened in the 70s or 80s.
Monday 10 March 2014 10.16am
Hassan has been closed for some weeks. On the door is a note that says that he will resume services shortly, but the shop is still closed.

Does anyone know how he is?
Friday 26 August 2016 9.01pm
Still going, just ate there today!
Tuesday 30 August 2016 8.20am
I had a beer in The Other Room opposite Hassan's a few months ago. I eavesdropped on some people who were talking about plans to develop Hassan's into a bar. Plans seemed quite advanced, they even had a name for it

On the other hand, it's not that long ago that he changed the signage, although inside it is the same as ever.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: