Thank you to the female customer at NatWest (London Bridge) today!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 September 2013 6.07pm
Hi everyone

I just wanted to say a big thank you to the lovely lady (with the beautiful figure and glasses, wearing grey and black) in the London Bridge branch of NatWest today. The bank (credit card department) had not been at all helpful to me and I had got myself very upset, as I had my young baby with me who needed to be fed lunch and I couldn't pay for my groceries at Sainsbury's because my credit card had had a lock on it. Because my husband was the primary account holder, they wouldn't realise any information to me about the card. I had a complete meltdown at the bank and this lady very kindly threw 40 pounds of cash in front of me, so I was able to buy my groceries. When I asked for her details so I could repay her, she kindly declined and said to take it as a gift for my child. It was like an angel had been sent to rescue me! Another very kind young man had also offered to loan me 25 pounds. I was blown away by the kindness of the local people in Borough. These people were customers of NatWest (who didn't help much at all and had got me into the mess in the first place!) Thankfully, the kind lady who gave me the cash to start with, spoke to a member of NatWest who then arranged to get me some cash from my account without having to produce my debit card. I rushed out of the bank with cash in hand to get my groceries. Only to discover that my groceries had been returned to the shelves because I had cold goods included. I had to do my shopping all over again and of course the second to last Ploughman's sandwich I had collected on my first visit, was now sold out!!!! Another meltdown!!! This time the staff at Sainsbury's on Borough High Street were exceptionally kind to me and offered to look after my baby while I raced around and did my shopping. They even let me go to the front of the line when it was a mile long!! Still feeling a little frustrated and upset with NatWest, even though they are following their stupid policy about not releasing information to anyone but the primary account number.

Thank you for allowing me to vent again and also a big thank you again to the angel in disguise! (Please let me know if I can get in touch to return your 20 pounds I took.)
Tuesday 24 September 2013 9.26am
lovely lovely story..lets hope the kind lady is a user of se1 forum!
Tuesday 24 September 2013 10.18am
Yes I'm hoping "angel lady" is an SE1 forum user too, as I would like to give her the money back.
Tuesday 24 September 2013 10.25am
a real heart warming tale in todays world-it is so nice to hear of someone doing a good turn rather than a bad one
Wednesday 25 September 2013 12.52pm
Good pick me up story,random acts like these make us all feel good and little less lost in the world.
Wednesday 25 September 2013 2.07pm
SE1 Lots of kindness great people. :)

Nat West have security procedures to upkeep so fair play that they didn't break their rules,but it sounds like the staff could have been a little more helpful.

Life's too short live it!!!

D x

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: