New Take Away - Trinity Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 24 September 2013 1.36pm
New take away opened up on Trinity Street (yesterday I think)
Bit disturbed by the new sign they have erected.
Surely, they cant put this up without planning consent?
Have emailed the planning office for their views.
Any thoughts?
Tuesday 24 September 2013 1.40pm
I live a few doors down. The previous takeaway had to remove their illuminated sign as the buildings are Grade II listed.

I suspect the new business will have to remove that, and the protruding sign. I did tell them that as they were installing in an attempt to be helpful.

That aside it's a lot smarter looking than the previous business, and the menu looks good (albeit fairly standard) and I look forward to trying.
Tuesday 24 September 2013 1.57pm
For reference, the previous refusal is at 06/AP/1736.
Tuesday 24 September 2013 2.35pm
Thanks for the update

I also agree it looks so much better - a nice painted sign would be preferable !!

Lets see what the planning officer comes back with
Tuesday 24 September 2013 4.27pm
What's the new business called?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 24 September 2013 5.39pm
Masala Dubba. The website doesn't seem to work yet.

020 7378 9292 / 020 8616 8055
6 Trinity Street, London, SE1 1DB
Tuesday 24 September 2013 6.13pm

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 26 September 2013 12.31pm
Just to say that I have referred the issue to Planning Enforcement as the illuminated sign is not acceptable and does not have permission.

Cllr Tim McNally
LibDem Councillor for Chaucer Ward
07903 967 809 mobile
020 7525 7157 office
Thursday 26 September 2013 2.10pm
Thank you Tim
Hopefully this wont take as long as the billboard on the junction of Borough High Street!!
Many thanks
Saturday 19 October 2013 6.39pm
The illuminated signs are not acceptable indeed.
Especially the round sign which is too low and too close to the next house door and windows.
Trinity St should keep its heritage integrity to the highest standards and all its residents should share passion for the original architectural features as well as for good design in general.

It is unacceptable Southwark council allows such kind of tasteless brightness especially on the facade of a grade 2 listed buildings.

A painted sign would be much better and more appropriate. The majority of the successful small businesses in central and east London have seen their fortune in keeping their signage true to the local historic commercial features. Masala Dubba should do the same, catch the trend, and feed the locals without reminiscences of the 80s.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: