Hairdressers on Lower Marsh

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 26 September 2013 11.42am
Hi, does anyone know why Guys & Dolls hairdressers on Lower Marsh closed down?? Did they move somewhere else?

I found out recently and was really sad. It was a lovely salon that I've been visiting for years now and I can't bear going somewhere else...

Thanks!
Thursday 26 September 2013 11.56am
There's some discussion in this thread too:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/173196

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 26 September 2013 12.06pm
Thanks for pointing me to this thread. It's seems that the close-down of the salon is a mystery... :(
Friday 27 September 2013 3.15pm
I'm sure someone told me the high rent proposal priced them out...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Tuesday 1 October 2013 1.10pm
Yeah, I'm sure they shared destiny of other businesses on that street, but I would love to find out where they moved...
Monday 7 March 2016 6.49pm
Lambeth has just turned down permission for change of use for the old Guys & Dolls salon to class A2 (i.e. estate agent, solicitor's office or similar)

http://planning.lambeth.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=O06SG6BOKGU00

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 7 March 2016 10.10pm
No doubt they'll appeal...

More cringe-worthy Evening Standard Homes & Property garbage recently; the following in relation to looking for a property 'in a hot zone', in which Lower Marsh is a 'fringe prime sweet spot':

'Check out the area around Lower marsh, a lively 160-year-old street market that has had a facelift and is on the up'.

Good luck with trying to find the 'lively street market'. It's been sanitised by the actions of Lambeth Council and greedy landlords, so that 'a facelift and on the up' means it will soon look like any other homogenised section of high street where independent businesses have been replaced by chain coffee shops and grab-and-go food outlets, and estate agents.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: