Decorator / painter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 19 April 2015 7.01pm
Yes, we have just had Mick to do some decorating after reading the recommendations on the site. His quote was way less than Paul Nelson, who is also widely recommended. Mick was great- turned up on time, did a good job, was clean and tidy and pleasant and straightforward to deal with. He painted our bedroom in one day, even with 3 coats and a very manky radiator to sand down. As someone else said, he gets most of his work from the forum, so do give him a call if you need some painting.
Sunday 19 April 2015 11.43pm
Roughly how much does he charge?
Saturday 20 June 2015 5.14pm
Another vote for Michael/ Mick. He painted a flat in leathermarket court. He did a brilliant job and was flexible enough to do extra work for a very reasonable price.
Monday 15 January 2018 10.13am
I have recently had quite a bit of decorating done by Mick Hanratty. I have found his work to be outstanding and if you are thinking of having any work done I would highly recommend him. His rates are good and he is very reliable and trustworthy. His number is 07577 965754.
Tuesday 16 January 2018 1.13pm
Just wanted to add my endorsement of Mick Hanratty. He's now painted pretty much every room in our house, laid a wooden floor and replaced our roof. We're very happy with his work and I have no hesitation in recommending him.
Tuesday 10 April 2018 10.54am
Michael Hanratty painted our flat to an impeccable standard. We receive lots of compliments in regard to his brilliant work and couldn't recommend him highly enough.
Tuesday 10 April 2018 11.21am
Why is it so difficult to find out how much a decorator charges?
It's all generic "very reasonable price", "rates are good", etc.
A few people above asked but they didn't get a reply.
I've used an independent trader once and although he did a reasonably good job he totally ripped me off: I now use a bigger company, which might not be the best but at least has a clear pricing policy.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network