How the E&C regeneration will benefit the area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Saturday 28 September 2013 4.49am
This piece from the Guardian is more interesting because of the comments that people have made contesting everything being said.
Saturday 28 September 2013 6.57am
What a load of old cobblers. FIona Colley should be hung, drawn and quartered. How CAN she be allowed to get away with such a litany of lies?
Saturday 28 September 2013 12.59pm
Right on Jackie,

It would be interesting of Miss Colley could indicate exactly the whereabouts of the tenants who were 'decanted' (love that word!) from the Heygate..Southwark is a very large area! so elderly people who had friends and family living nearby who could call and check up if they needed anything or were ill and needing a doctor , may have to rely on people coming to ...where?

Or working residents on the Heygate and from the negative press received about the tenants one would assume there was not any! and if they worked in close proximity have extra fares etc.

Bit of a rambling post eyes are all over the place to-day ...just like former occupants of the Heygate!
Sunday 29 September 2013 11.44pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
...How CAN she be allowed to get away with such a litany of lies?

How indeed!?
Monday 30 September 2013 9.55am
I will be emailing her to tell her what I think of her article. I will also email the Guardian. I'm sure I won't be the only one to do so.
Monday 30 September 2013 10.23am
In reading the Guardian article I thought I was reading the developers defensive and offensive press statement put out by a more than sympathetic employee.For a councillor to talk such utter cobblers makes one wonder where their true loyalties are, certainly not with the victims of the Heygate decanting, the electorate, the rate payers and the community as a whole. She should be called to order by her political party and should be deselected in the future and should lose the party whip immediately.But that will not happen so the motives of those who voted for this money making exercise should be examined, thorughly examined. I am sure the results would not be pretty.

One would normally expect luxury trips, expensive meals, nights at the theatre, donations to the political party, help with electoral expenses, promises of well paid employment in the future in return for such over the top support if one was a national politician of note. That cannot possibly be the case here because we are talking about the small fry and our councillors are honest and honourable and certainly don't take backhanders. So that leaves just slow wittedness or self-aggrandisement for such garbage being spouted.
Monday 30 September 2013 10.53am
The link to her email address does not work so I have written to her at her LBS address. I have also written to The Guardian and suggest they look at some of the posts about E&C and the Haygate on this site if they want a more accurate depiction of the re-generation. I agree with you Bunhouse, it really does sound like developers' marketing spiel. Right, I'm now going to do some therapeutic gardening!
Wednesday 2 October 2013 8.01pm
Cllr FIona Colley should be absolutely ashamed of her ludicrous and truth twisting article. She really has zero credibility left dreaming up such utter tosh.

She really should have the grace to stand down - her position is not tenable any longer after way too many truths being modeled, shaped and twisted to perfectly suit Southwark Council and the developers, yet completely conceal the real truths and consequences.

This article also clearly shows once more how Southwark Council think their residents are utter idiots and believe in any propaganda and PR spin they are being fed. It's an utter disgrace to be regarded and treated by the local council in such a way. Southwark Council clearly have forgotten that they were meant to be serving us the public, and not the other way round .....
Wednesday 2 October 2013 9.16pm
I agree with you TAK that the council seem to be taking us for idiots. The Labour candidate in next year's local elections came round and more or less said we should be celebrating that it's all finally happening. She seemed bewildered when I said the regeneration has nothing to do with anybody local or not rich and the land has been given away to developers to make a fat profit out of selling overpriced flats to overseas investors to make more fat profits out of short term rentals all of which will drive up the cost of accommodation even more. I would have more respect for them if they admitted that this is what is happening but then explained how this benefits us and therefore why we should be rejoicing.
Thursday 3 October 2013 8.42am
Fiona Colley has peddled this load of rot before, she's refined her message and is like a bloody broken record. I agree with everyone here, and have said on another thread, I resent being taken for a fool with no memory and no history of being involved with this famous regeneration for fifteen years. We have been sold a bag of goods, and I honestly dont know how we can challenge this story of mismanagement and cavalier treatment of a whole community. If the Guardian wants to do an article, let's invite them and we'll happily tell them the real story.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: