Is this normal?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 29 September 2013 7.42pm
Hi all,

I've just moved to the UK and wondering whats acceptable in blocks of flats in London? Thought I would check here before speaking with neighbours as I know it can always be a bit testy.

Some of the children from the opposite block in my estate (tabard gardens) hang about in the communal gardens until around 9pm every night. They are doing what kids do, screaming and having a good time. However as I am on the ground floor its pretty much impossible to live as this is almost every night with no break and happens directly outside my window.

I did work out that one of the children lives at Flat [redacted] but when I went to speak with the parents the kids there said she was away and they were looking after the flat themselves. The eldest was around 15?

Is this normal or would I be within my rights to talk to the council.

Thanks
Gav
Monday 30 September 2013 12.04pm
There has been some strange threads lately,"incessant screaming","sleeping in cars" and this,all based on intolerance,are we part of someones social studies course I wonder?
Monday 30 September 2013 12.52pm
Boroughonian - the penultimate paragraph of Gav's message would seem to be the crucial one, and seems more about concern than intolerance.

Gav - yes, if you think that children are being left at home unsupervised by adults on a long-term basis it would be absolutely appropriate to raise the concern with the council.

See http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/266/child_protection

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 30 September 2013 1.01pm
James - I take your point though think it debateable,nevertheless i'm not sure it's appropriate to give out the number of the Flat concerned.
Monday 30 September 2013 6.47pm
Thanks James.

I'm from Brazil and lived in Columbia where its pretty normal in buildings but these kids just seemed overly aggressive.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: