Falmouth Road GPs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 3 October 2013 9.58pm
Has anybody got to the bottom of what's happened at the Falmouth Road Doctors' Surgery over the past 12 months.

A lot of the doctors who were there have suddenly disappeared (I was told one 'had retired' when he must only be in his 40s) and the whole place seems a lot more chaotic than it was previously.

any ideas?
Friday 4 October 2013 9.25am
no but 2 of the senior doctors Stone and Guyney have both supposidly retired and getting an appointment is a two week wait and don't bother trying to ring for an emergency as the phones don't get answered as they prioritise those who go in person and queue up at 8 am totally discriminating against working people who have to leave earlier

we have been thinking of changing our doctors -for me it is very sad as i have been under Falmouth Road since before i was born as my mother was uner them when pregnant with me
Friday 4 October 2013 10.28am
Heard a sad story two weeks ago George a sixty plus year old banged his head on a cupboard as he stood up. After a few days a concerned relative took him to the doctors as he was not well.....he was told there was a 5 week wait for appointment, he stormed out saying he could be effing dead by then...less than three days later he was found dead on the floor of his home...they were told his death bore no relation to the blow he received! Coincidence aside, a five week wait? I think that sometimes the receptionist work their own workload out..
Friday 4 October 2013 7.27pm
I couldn't bear that surgery anymore - from the fact that the phones were never being answered to the grumpy attitude of the receptionists. The whole family has signed up with Decima St now - at least they can spread the load over 2 surgeries as they run the Artesian at Spa Gdns as well. My first experience was very positive: friendly receptionists that greet upon arrival and an on the day emergency appointment arranged by phone! Just had to wait for 10 minutes. Regular appointment waiting times were 2 weeks though but at least they made an effort to squeeze me in. Too good to be true? :)
Monday 7 October 2013 10.17pm
I have been with this surgery for 6 years and have not found getting to see a doctor a problem. They have emergency walk-ins every day. Every time I have needed to see a doctor in an emergency, I have always been seen within the hour. There are late surgeries as well as early mornings for those who go to work, plus telephone consultations. All in all I think they give a good all-round service. One of the receptionists, yes, has a bit of an 'unwelcoming' attitude but the others could not be more polite and helpful. If you speak to people politely and respectfully, you usually get the same attitude back, I find.
Tuesday 8 October 2013 1.14am
I couldn't bear it either. Moved the family to PSG practice. The recepcionists are just as curt...but at least they are efficient!

Dr. Stone at Falmouth Road was a good doctor, I thought. The others just dished out paracetamol for any sort of complaints. And some of them, like that lady doctor with the fairytale name, were simply the height of rudeness. Just my personal opinion.

But am glad I moved.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: