New Bermondsey to Borough bus route needed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Friday 4 October 2013 9.31am
Does anyone have any idea how to / who to petition for a new bus route to serve Bermondsey to London Bridge? Currently there is no service at all. When the C10 was diverted down Grange Road for the Abbey Street bridge closure it was great but unfortunately it was only temporary. I'm not sure I can do the 21 bus battle to get the kids to school much longer before I completely lose it and have major bus rage.
Friday 4 October 2013 10.03am
You need to contact Transport for London (TFL).

I would suggest you try contacting them via Customer Services on 0343 222 1234.

They should then be able to point you in the right direction.

Alternatively, you can write to them:
TfL Customer Services, 4th Floor, 14 Pier Walk, London, SE10 0ES

Friday 4 October 2013 10.35am
Our local London Assembly member Val Shawcross can also help raise issues about the bus network with the Mayor and TfL.

However, bus subsidy is under a lot of pressure and in the current climate TfL is unlikely to increase the service in one area without a cut somewhere else.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 4 October 2013 11.36am
You might also want to drop the Consultations Team at Tfl an email at STEngagement@tfl.gov.uk.

Although they only work on new/proposed changes to routes (see https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/ for current proposals) they should be able to advise you, and keep you informed of, any future plans.
Saturday 5 October 2013 8.46pm
I couldn't agree more, Miriam. I wrote to Val Shawcross back in the early summer about this exact issue. The more people who raise it the better. If you are interested in seeing my correspondence with her office about it, pm me. They were forwarding on suggestions and comments to the "Transport Committee Team" (presumably part of the London Assembly) who, according to Val Shawcross' researcher, were "collecting views on the London bus network in general". I don't know if their study was just for a short time or if it is ongoing, but an email to valerie.shawcross@london.gov.uk would not harm.
Monday 7 October 2013 1.23pm
Sarah V wrote:
"Transport Committee Team" (presumably part of the London Assembly)

Yes they are. It's key role is to monitor how the Mayor's Transport Strategy is being implemented. To be brutal, TfL would still need to create any new bus route, but you might find someone on the committee who can help you shout for it!

They are currently investigating bus services in London. See http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor-assembly/london-assembly/investigations/bus-services-in-london for details, and how to submit evidence.

The Committee Officer is dale.langford@london.gov.uk if you have questions.
Monday 7 October 2013 1.53pm
Where would you have the new route go?

to be honest anything that took pressure off the C10 would be great as they are at total capacity again most of the time and in Long Lane it is difficult to get on one during the rush hour and with new developments etc it will not get any easier
Tuesday 8 October 2013 8.20am
London Assembly on-line survey completed and email sent to Val Shawcross, who responded very promptly. Hopefully she won't mind me posting her response below: -

"Thanks for sending me this report. I will of course send it to TfL buses who commission the contracts for each bus route and are therefore responsible for the frequency of services.

I think what you are reporting is the effect of rapid population growth in London which seems to be particularly impacting on North Southwark. As the population rises, the first evidence of this seems to be in overcrowding on the bus services.

Arguing for increased service is really difficult at the moment – because of the ‘flat lining ‘ the TfL bus budget. However it’s a an important issue as you know only too well, and I will start investigating this bus service and see how I can put a case together to TfL for improvements in frequency of the 21. If there’s a very strong case we may feel is worth arguing for an additional service"

Dee Dee, my ideal route would come along Grange Road from The Blue (probably starting at Canada Water / Surrey Quays). Left into Tower Bridge Road, round Bricklayers into Great Dover St then right into Borough High St up to London Bridge (actually I'd prefer it to go along Long Lane but not sure a bus could negotiate the Grange Rd / Bermondsey St / Long Lane junction (which I guess is why the C10 diverted to Great Dover St when it came along Grange Rd earlier this year).

Now I need to get some more people to put their voice to this so if anyone else is out there who agrees could you also email Val Shawcross and complete the survey.

Thanks everyone for the advice.
Tuesday 8 October 2013 3.13pm
I'll second this request. There is no bus towards Borough/ London Bridge that serves Grange Road/ Southwark Park Road. Generally those of us who live in that area are pretty well served, The number 1 for Waterloo and the West End and the 78 for the city, but nothing for London Bridge. PM me if you need me to write to anyone.
Wednesday 9 October 2013 5.12pm
A bus from Grange Road to London Bridge would be marvellous. I have an increasing number of hospital appointments at Guy's and can't walk very far.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: