Vodafone signal strength in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 4 October 2013 11.42pm
Can you please tell me whether you have noticed a sudden drop in Vodafone mobile network signal the last week or so?
From full signal and 5 bars on my iPhone it has gone to 2 bars
Saturday 5 October 2013 2.30pm
My Vodafone signal has always been appalling, but worse over the last few days. Maybe has something to do with the launch of 4G? It's always been the case that when I walk home from Liverpool Street, I have no signal until I get to the southern end of London Bridge...my iphone says it has 3G at fu strength, but it clearly doesn't as nothing works on it - no emails, no calls etc

I'll be leaving Vodafone when my contract expires in December.
Saturday 5 October 2013 2.34pm
I also have issues with Vodafone when I work from home. It's especially bad at rush hour when the network is very busy. My wife also very often cannot receive calls at around 6pm during the week.
Saturday 5 October 2013 10.34pm
My signal is brilliant with Vodafone I live just near the bricklayers...my phone is a very humble Nokia .. Works all over the world..except gravesend !
Monday 7 October 2013 7.26am
vodaphone is the worst of them all in se1 riverside in my years of dongling ... no reception at city hall? yes!
Monday 7 October 2013 9.40am
Hi all,

It's disappointing to see the difficulties which some of you have posted about recently.

So we can help with these further I'd recommend following the troubleshooting guide on our eForum here.

Kind regards,

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
Monday 7 October 2013 1.54pm
The same is happening on EE and it does seem to coincide with the launch of 4G.

As cells are switched over to 4G (rather than cells being added) there are less 3G cells to connect to.
Monday 7 October 2013 11.22pm
Urrr totally untrue the 'cells' are not switched over to 4G, it's a supplementary technology that utilises additional equipment and different radio spectrum. You're experience is more likely to be due to cell site rationalisation that's occurring as a result of the merger.
Tuesday 8 October 2013 5.15pm
I'm with EE, pathetic coverage in Shad Thames and the City- pretty annoying as those two locations are where I spend 90% of my time!

I read somewhere (on twitter maybe) that a mast in area has been removed which (if true) would have a negative impact.
Tuesday 8 October 2013 11.39pm
There is no doubt that Vodafone, like other suppliers, has too little coverage in SE1. To add it would hit profits QED
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: