City Walk

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 October 2013 12.53pm
Hi all,

Does anyone have a copy of the planning application for the development of City Walk on Long Lane?

I believe the original planning application number was 0100714 and was made in the early 2000s. I have some material which I found on the internet, but it seems to have been before Southwark Council started keeping digital records so the original application isn't available.

I have contacted the Council Planning Department, but all they could send me (after a 3 month wait) was the final decision notice and could not find the original application.

Any ideas/suggestions would be welcome!

Tuesday 8 October 2013 2.44pm

Thanks for looking. Yes, I did find that one. Here are a list of things I have managed to find, they are generally reports/letters from the Planning Department rather than the original submission though:

211_long_lane_rept.doc - 29 November 2011
211_long_lane_init_reprs.doc - 30 November 2001
211_long_lane_report.doc - 26 March 2002
211_long_lane_final_decision.rtf - 26 March 2002
Notification in the London Gazette - 16 May 2003

I also have the decision notice, but only in paper form.

If anyone would like a copy of these for reference, drop me a message with your email address and I'd be happy to share them.

Wednesday 9 October 2013 1.18pm
Hi. I live in City Walk - lovely people, quite nice flats, dreadful plumbing and shoddy build.

I am curious as to why you are interested in the original Planning Application. Are you planning to demolish and build them properly? :p
Wednesday 9 October 2013 1.31pm
It is mainly general interest as I also live in City Walk and am interested in how the development came to be.

I thought it might also have some pictures of what was on the site before it was redeveloped in it, etc.

There seems to be quite a bit of demolition going on at the moment round here, but I think City Walk is going to be around for a bit longer yet! :)
Wednesday 9 October 2013 3.35pm
I've got much of the original planning documentation. We got hold of it from the council when we moved here in 2010. You're welcome to come round to have a look at it. Phone on 0207 234 0340 if you want to pursue this.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: