Shell, Southwark Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 11 October 2013 1.11pm
Hi Fountain of all SE1 knowledge

Does anyone know when the Shell on Southwark Bridge Road is due to reopen? I know it is getting close however there seem to be less and less Zone 1 petrol stations and I nearly got caught out last week with only vapours left in the tank.

Cheers
Zoe
Friday 11 October 2013 2.29pm
I've been wondering the same thing after a very similar incident. We are clearly poor at organising ourselves!
Friday 11 October 2013 8.29pm
Seems a bit ridiculous that the shell garage has been closed since April.
Monday 14 October 2013 9.54pm
I have also been wondering the same thing.

The Shell garage was handy, if a little expensive.

I've started going to the Tesco garage at Mandela Way, as the fuel is so much cheaper, it's further to go but the savings pay off eventually.
Tuesday 15 October 2013 10.16am
I drove all around Zone 1 - everywhere there used to be a petrol station - it has closed.

Luckily I was able to get to Park Lane in the end!

I forget how easy it has been having one on my doorstep!
Tuesday 15 October 2013 10.02pm
I, also, used to fill up at the Shell station and hope that it comes back soon. At the moment I use Tesco at SQ, the garage on the Albert Embankment, the BP station on Kennington Lane, Sainsburys at Nine Elms or the station on Kennington Road between Tesco at Kennington Cross and the police station.
I've just realised that they are all west of Blackfriars Road but that doesn't mean they are cowboys.
Zoe
Sunday 27 October 2013 12.24pm
It's finally opened!

It's a really good price for petrol, same as the Tesco, but it's otherwise rather unchanged. I suspect their air isn't free anymore either, but maybe it will actually work now.
Sunday 27 October 2013 1.23pm
Judging by the man with an inflatable banana i've just seen walking out of the garage, I would think the air machine is working (:
Sunday 10 November 2013 12.18pm
I seem to remember the old station had 4 pumps, whereas this one only has 2?
Sunday 10 November 2013 5.44pm
Zoe wrote:
... I suspect their air isn't free anymore either, but maybe it will actually work now.

boroughonian wrote:
Judging by the man with an inflatable banana i've just seen walking out of the garage, I would think the air machine is working (:

Today the air machine was out of order!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: