Fly-tipping near Mint St park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 October 2013 9.09am
Has anyone noticed the fly-tipping at the corner of Mint Street and Caleb Street? This has only started since the council installed the two bins there. Not sure why the need for those bins as the local estates have their own communal bins. It certainly getting worse and is slowly becoming a health and safety issue not to mention a right horrible sight!
Monday 21 October 2013 9.35am
Yes I walked past it this morning on way to work with a friend. We both commented on the state of it. A huge pile of strange clothing items strewn right over the path entrance to Mint Street park. It's just awful. Surely the COuncil need to be informed as these bins are magnets for fly tippers. I agree, what use are they !
Monday 21 October 2013 12.09pm
Suggest you contact the council to point out that the bins are helping to create a nuisance rather than prevent one.

If the bins are for recycling there's a 'problem report' form you can complete on-line.

In my experience of having to deal with the refuse collection side of the council, they are slow to respond but keep nagging!
Monday 21 October 2013 1.21pm
Thanks Spartacas, I have informed the council and they have promised to have it cleared within the next 48hrs. But this does not solve the problem, as you say, having the bins there is creating the problem.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: