Mysterious Sound on Saturday morning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 October 2013 9.42am
Did anyone else hear the mysterious buzzing sounds that started around 4am on Saturday Morning and continued to around 8am. My Flat backs overlooking the Mandela Way Tate Modern storage unit and I was not sure if it was coming from there or nearer the river way. It was two short three second bursts of a vibrating humming sound that continued at five minute intervals. It must have woken many folks up ( it did me, and kept me that way).
Monday 21 October 2013 10.55am
I am in bartholomew street, the low hum we hear in the street is from the equipment room in st.olaves school, would you hear it over there?
Monday 21 October 2013 11.00am
Hi Jan ! I have not heard it before in the 20 years I have lived here so not sure it was from there. I doubt I would hear something from from St Olav's, a little out of ear shot I think. I did wonder if it was a fog horn, not sure there are any around our side along the river. All very mysterious. I hope it does not happen again. I hope the hum you hear is not a nuissance for you
Monday 21 October 2013 1.06pm
Micky when I first heard it some 18 months ago, i went around turning all equipment off...even turned freezer off still heard it. its not too bad during the day as the traffic drowns it out. at night i have to put earplugs in and a pillow over my head...
Monday 21 October 2013 3.07pm
This might sound daft / obvious but do you have neighbours above you? My neighbours keep their phone on the floor and use it as an alarm clock - sounds just like the intermittent vibrating noise you described.
Monday 21 October 2013 3.15pm
Jan that sounds awful having to do that to get a good nights kip ! Lullylush that was my first thought and does not sound daft at all. I opened the window to see if it was coming from outside and seemed to be coming from the direction directly north and definitly not from my block. I am beginning to think it now probably originated from one of the Mandela Way Industrial Estate .. Bermondsey's own Area 51 perhaps !

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: