Baker and Barista Cafe at St George's Circus

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 October 2013 8.07pm
Visited this new cafe in the recently refurbished Duke of Clarence Enterprise Centre at St George's Circus today. A very welcome addition to the area as there really isn't anywhere close by serving decent coffee. They serve Illy coffee and a good selection of cakes and pastries. At 1.70 for a large latte it's an absolute bargain compared to the likes of Costa up the road.

The whole centre looks interesting with meeting rooms available for rent, workshops and a big courtyard at the back. Nice to see it back in use.
Monday 21 October 2013 8.16pm
Is this cafe` open to the public, or only to those having business there?
Monday 21 October 2013 8.36pm
It's open to all - there's a door from the street on the London Road side

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 21 October 2013 9.25pm
Jules62, as James said anyone and I would urge you to go - it was quiet when I popped in and yet the filty Costa up the road, arguably better situated but still, was packed.
Tuesday 22 October 2013 9.56am
I'll be sure to go: a proper espresso isn't that easy to find in the E&C, also illy coffee is my favourite.
Friday 25 October 2013 1.02pm
Sadly not open at the weekend.
Tuesday 29 October 2013 3.20pm
williamn wrote:
Sadly not open at the weekend.

Yep, this is a shame as its a nice place (although they could do with some background music in there, you could here a pin drop last time I went in). Coffee was OK, not amazing, so the cheapness doesn't really matter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: