Councillor help on housing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
JC2
Saturday 26 October 2013 3.56pm
Several weeks ago I raised an urgent housing matter with the council but there's been radio silence since and I can't afford to wait much longer for a possible response. Given that this is a pressing matter, is there a councillor out there who would be able to assist/advise? Happy to share complete info offline and apologies for posting this to all.

Best wishes,

JC2
Saturday 26 October 2013 5.47pm
Hi,
Please PM me, or email:
[url=mailto:office@grahamneale.com]
JC2
Saturday 26 October 2013 5.52pm
Thank you Graham, that's very kind of you; I'll send an email now.
Sunday 27 October 2013 10.58am
Southwark Housing is becoming a shambles so use Complaints when you get fed up. This will help to get action, affect KPIs, AND you can claim for delay / distress etc upto 1000 pounds. They would rather you did not know, so here's a skydrive link to the policy Link to Southwark's Corporate Complaints Policy 2013
Zoe
Sunday 27 October 2013 12.22pm
You'll probably find this link from the website more useful:

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200025/comments_and_complaints
Monday 28 October 2013 12.55am
I'm also happy to be contacted on housing matters.

Cllr Graham Neale has offered to be contacted in the thread above - but perhaps didn't make clear who he was - nor who to contact in the Customer Resolution Team (what most people would call Complaints). Personally I think the head of the CRT is worth contacting when you don't get a good response from the Council - I have always found that she is a most helpful and diligent officer.

Tim

Cllr Tim McNally
LibDem Member for Chaucer Ward
020 7525 7157
07903 967 809
Monday 28 October 2013 10.03am
I would agree with the above comment since this two stage complaints procedure has been put into motion it does seem to be working better too, agree about the lady in charge and she does seem to want it to work properly, responds to emails etc promptly and does sort a complaint out within a good time.

But and its a big but most people do not realise what you can complain about, and that you can complain about just about anything the council does wrong or doesn't do. About time this service was used more so the staff at Southwark might realise if they don't do their job properly then we will call them to account.
Monday 28 October 2013 12.02pm
Ha! I put in a complaint about the number of times I had to complain about complaints not being dealt with!! Not all complaints were mine, most were on behalf of our TRA (just in case you think I am a born complainer).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network