Premier food and wine on The Cut?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Monday 28 October 2013 3.57pm
Does anyone shop in this place ?

Over the past few weeks i have been in there i have twice had a rat run across the floor in front of me ( can't confirm if it was the same rat )

picked up a pint of milk to notice it was only a day out of date but already a mix of milk and lumps of "cheese" - felt a few items in there chilled section and am sure they dont have the temp turned down low enough

multi pack items such as soft drinks with the "part of a multi pack - not to be sold seperatly" being sold seperately

noticed as well in there chilled area , several packets of sandwich meats that had literally turned green with mould

Think i shall give this place a miss from now on ....
Monday 28 October 2013 4.23pm
Worth an email to consumer protection food team at Lambeth I would have thought:
http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/Services/Environment/FoodSafety/Complaints.htm

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 28 October 2013 4.35pm
Its not excusable, but I imagine the emergence of the Sainsbury's opposite has had an impact on their sales, profitability and perhaps resulting motivation and/or standards.
Monday 28 October 2013 4.37pm
I have complained about this many times over the years! Not just their fresh food either pre Sainsbury’s I once picked up a bottle of soy sauce that was out of date by 2 years.
Monday 28 October 2013 8.29pm
Please, please, please report it. This shop is not squeaky clean in more ways than one! I do feel sorry that they have lost custom to Sainsbury but that is no excuse for poor hygiene. They are also quite rude, rarely looking up to serve and often chatting on the phone when they are serving you. They have a fantastic wine collection and with a bit of imagination they could offer alternatives to Sainsbury and do quite well. Unfortunately, they don't seem to care.
Tuesday 29 October 2013 12.21am
I have twice bought milk there that has been "off", the first time they exchanged it as if it was a normal occurence, the second time I didn't bother going back and I haven't used the shop since. I believe the problem with the milk is that their chiller is next to a south facing window and receives the full force of the sunshine for most of the day.
I am led to believe that the current owners were sold a pup by the previous owners who did not inform them that their alcohol licence had been withdrawn by Lambeth Council and that Sainsburys were about to open a local store across the road. If that is true then I would be extremely grumpy too.
Not being a shopkeeper I don't know what plans they could adopt to compete with Sainsburys but bad milk and rats aren't the solution
Zoe
Tuesday 29 October 2013 7.25am
Their fruit bowls for a pound are good, it's a shame they aren't more innovative as they are in such a good position.

I'm rather disappointed that Ninja couldn't confirm if it was the same rat both times, pay more attention to the markings next time. On my part I'm going to make sure I wash their fruit well.
Tuesday 29 October 2013 1.55pm
Premier not too bad in there. Sometimes 'bargains' to be had...ginger biscuits 2 packets for under 1 pound etc and good wime n beer selection as has been previously mentioned.
However, we are not talking Sainsbury (charming staff generally) Tesco (hit or miss) or Waitrose - generally ok and accepted as a real area boost and as near theatres etc either site in The Cut would be welcome for one/more of these 'chain' type organisations as they do have a general reputation to aspire to generally in health, hygiene standards etc...

Their fruit stall is good value also at Premier of course....
Tuesday 29 October 2013 3.53pm
The eggs they used to sell were so much cheaper than Sainsburys or anywhere else for that matter so look out for them or go to Lidl's where they are selling large free range @ £1 per half-dozen.
Wednesday 30 October 2013 9.39pm
Zoe, I thought the bowls of fruit and veg were good value and then I saw that they were storing unsold stuff in open boxes on the floor of the shop. Easy access for mice (and I have seen mice in the shop)and you need to remember that mice wee and walk at the same time! I know most businesses in London have problems with mice, so I am not going to be negative about that situation, however, they shouldn't be putting fresh food on the floor. PS I was in M&S in Victoria a couple of weeks ago and saw a mouse run under a cabinet, I told an assistant and he told me to wait and off he went. He came back 2 minutes later with a mobile phone in his hand showing a text message confirming pest control would be arrive at the close of business. How about that for a prompt reaction.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: