Tesco, The Cut, SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 29 October 2013 10.20am
When is the new Tesco opening? This ex-costcutter shop has been empty since August? No news has been forthconing from Tesco (or Southwark Council Planning Buildinga Property section although emails have been sent to ascertain.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is (or not) in this case -- going on?
Tuesday 29 October 2013 10.43am
I couldn't care less. There's another Tesco five minutes walk away on Great Suffolk Street, and another one opening on Bayliss Road.

Doubtless the new one will be like the existing one, and the local Sainsburys, acres of shelving given over to soft drinks and snack food, but a terrible choice of actual food, wine and beer.

nb Having said that I couldn't care less, I obviously care enough to post about it - it's a funny old world.
Tuesday 29 October 2013 4.52pm
I hope Tesco send their new staff to the Sansbury school of customer service.
Tuesday 29 October 2013 5.41pm
[I hope Tesco send their new staff to the Sainsbury school of customer service.]

dont worry they'll all be self service tills....
Tuesday 29 October 2013 7.27pm
The ex costcutter building looks so dark dismal and unloved. Hiw can anyone leave a building in this condition no use to man or beast........suppose they will wait till squattes etc move in -- something 'smelling' here......can't put finger on it...
Thursday 31 October 2013 12.05pm
Sad I know but I searched on my postcode and I have 28 branches with 1.6 miles (and that is just Tesco).

I have a rainy day project to create a map of the Big 5 supermarkets in my area to show the plague of the chain supermarket.

By the way, does anyone know if Waitrose is still scheduled to open up on the Petrol Station site on Southwark Bridge Road?
Thursday 31 October 2013 12.23pm
jcpse1 wrote:
By the way, does anyone know if Waitrose is still scheduled to open up on the Petrol Station site on Southwark Bridge Road?

That, I think, was a mischievous forum red herring.

The petrol station has reopened but with Waitrose nowhere in sight. Boo!
Thursday 31 October 2013 9.18pm
I emailed them and apparently construction won't begin until after Christmas! Also they said the opening hours would be 6am to 11pm. So maybe we do need Premier Foods to stay for those late night bottles, ahem.
Thursday 31 October 2013 9.33pm
Well done Nelson -- at least you got a response from Tesco - presumably -- we'll wait to see how it goes . Strange such long gap tween aquisition and construction work commencing even. Costcuttter could have hung on longer had the situation been made more apparent but I understand the rent was" being increased dramatcally by the landlord."
Thursday 31 October 2013 10.08pm
Was given the email that was on the consultation leaflets - not sure if getting a reply from Tesco would be that easy otherwise! Seems like Tesco can well afford to even let a site stand empty!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: