Est. India Restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 30 October 2013 3.25pm
Union Street,Flat Iron Square,had lunch there on Tuesday,had the 'Tiffin' special,really tasty,I then had their fish curry,if I had the time I could have stayed there all afternoon and eaten myself through the menu!!
Give it a try,you wil not be dissapointed.
Thursday 31 October 2013 7.09am
One question about Est India. Is it BYO? What makes Simply Indian and Cafe Nawaz such attractions is the fact that we can eat like we are in Sydney taking our own wine or beer and avoid the near EDF rip-offs in mark ups in wine prices. If Est isn't BYO they are missing a trick
Thursday 31 October 2013 10.09am
No, it's not BYO, unfortunately.

I have been three times this month as they were offering 50% off food until the end of October - sorry, I should have told the forum earlier.

IMO it's great. Fielding a really refreshing alternative to the ubiquitous orange gloop dishes that are most other curry houses' offerings. The starters for me are the real stars (although the samosa was not so good) but the fish curry is truly excellent and the Railway lamb is also highly recommended. I need to get there one lunchtime so I can try the puffs.

Nice people and decor, great food. So pleased to finally have a decent Indian restaurant within staggering distance.
Thursday 31 October 2013 12.08pm
La Martinet wrote:
No, it's not BYO, unfortunately.
I have been three times this month as they were offering 50% off food until the end of October - sorry, I should have told the forum earlier.

IMO it's great. Fielding a really refreshing alternative to the ubiquitous orange gloop dishes that are most other curry houses' offerings. The starters for me are the real stars (although the samosa was not so good) but the fish curry is truly excellent and the Railway lamb is also highly recommended. I need to get there one lunchtime so I can try the puffs.

Nice people and decor, great food. So pleased to finally have a decent Indian restaurant within staggering distance.

God you've made me hungry there.
Friday 1 November 2013 8.46am
I quite agree with Le Martinet, I'm a veggie and the Est India's food is some of best around, we've slowly been going through the different dishes and so far have not had a duff one yet. Is refreshing to get a dish which is not floating in a litre of oil and actually tastes of something. I recommend their dosa's with sambar! The staff are all really friendly too, I went in to order a takeaway and the manager came over and had a good chat while it was being prepared. Go check it out.
Friday 1 November 2013 7.43pm
hmmm...so it isn't a BYO, what are they charging for wine then? Had a great Simply Indian meal last night brought our own wine and no corkage. This must be the way to go.
Sunday 1 December 2013 7.42am
Ordered a takeout last night and could not fault any of the dishes, the dosa was delicious as was the railway curry! Great addition to the curry houses in the area, bringing something slightly different with their menu!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: