Crab claws

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 3 November 2013 10.18am
I need a kilo of crab claws for a recipe. Anyone know if any of the fishmongers on East Street have them?
Monday 4 November 2013 2.19pm
Personally, I would never go to a fishmongers there. If you can smell the fish, they aren't fresh and I can barely walk down that street without throwing up the smell is so bad.
Monday 4 November 2013 2.29pm
Longdan at the top of the Walworth Road might have them frozen.
Tuesday 5 November 2013 12.01pm
No disresepect jcpse1, but I am glad I ignored your advice! Rose Bros at 213 East Street had exactly what I needed, a fresh delivery of crab claws that morning. This is a lovely old shop, been there for 50 years, although they are not open every day. Support this shop, it's great.

They are still using a receipt book with the phone number as RODney 3223.
Tuesday 5 November 2013 12.17pm
Andrew is that the one at OKR end of East Street?
Tuesday 5 November 2013 1.31pm
Andrew H wrote:
No disresepect jcpse1, but I am glad I ignored your advice! Rose Bros at 213 East Street had exactly what I needed, a fresh delivery of crab claws that morning. This is a lovely old shop, been there for 50 years, although they are not open every day. Support this shop, it's great.
They are still using a receipt book with the phone number as RODney 3223.

That's good to hear. I also had the impression that the fish sold on East Street wasn't fresh enough, but I gladly stand corrected.
Wednesday 6 November 2013 7.09pm
dee dee, it's at the corner of East Street and Thurlow Street, right by the 42 bus stop. Seems to be a father and son running it.

There are also two fishmongers on the market end of East Street. I quite often get mackerel for the grill from them, and haven't had any particular concerns about the fish not being fresh.

But Rose Bros is the real deal, I heartily recommend. The crab claws were huge and incredible, and fed 10 people for 30.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: