Mice in supermarket

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 November 2013 3.06pm
Hello all,
A big name supermarket in the SE1 area has mice, I know this for definite as my office is above them and we now have them...
We've got traps down etc but still signs of them being there, this has been going on for weeks. I've tried calling the council but this doesn't get me anywhere as its a commercial tennant, does anyone know who I should call? They know they have a problem as they have had pest control in...
Tuesday 5 November 2013 4.45pm
I work for a local authority and we have pest control officers who close down business' premises be it a supermarket or restaurant. Southwark/Lambeth Council should have a Pest Control Unit and enforcement officers who should take action, maybe try the website to contact them.
Tuesday 5 November 2013 5.09pm
Thank you,
The person I spoke to referred me to environmental health but I can't find anything of use on there. I'll give the council another try, it's Southwark. I find a lot of the info online seems to refer to restaurants rather then food shops. Thanks again :o)
Tuesday 5 November 2013 5.26pm
Mice can appear when rubbish is not being disposed of properly, might want to check on that if at all possible.
Tuesday 5 November 2013 5.30pm
It's the food safety team you need - email food@southwark.gov.uk

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200244/food_safety_hygiene_and_standards/2733/welcome_to_food_safety/1

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 5 November 2013 8.15pm
Kat Louise wrote:
A big name supermarket in the SE1 area has mice, I know this for definite as my office is above them and we now have them...

Is it just me hoping you will name and shame?
Tuesday 5 November 2013 8.37pm
I had also wondered and was going to ask, but sometimes it's better not knowing!
Zoe
Tuesday 5 November 2013 9.33pm
No, no, no don't tell us, it's always better not to know.
Wednesday 6 November 2013 12.29pm
I won't say... they know they have a problem and they have pest control in etc. I just think it needs to be made a bit more official... I'm fed up of coming into find mouse droppings under my desk!
Wednesday 6 November 2013 12.46pm
Kat Louise wrote:
I won't say... they know they have a problem and they have pest control in etc. I just think it needs to be made a bit more official... I'm fed up of coming into find mouse droppings under my desk!

Years ago I worked in an office where I found mouse droppings under my keyboard. I used to eat lunch at that desk!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: