Massage Parlour on The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 13 November 2013 11.33pm
How on Earth did anyone get permission to open a massage parlour on The Cut? I'm sure it's not the aromatherapy kind as there was a rather saucily dressed woman cleaning the stairs the other day.
Thursday 14 November 2013 9.48am
And what is wrong with a massage parlour?
I would much prefer to see a scantily clad woman cleaning some stairs than the sights I get on my street !!!!
Thursday 14 November 2013 10.31am
Not a very nice assumption to make about someone doing a spot of cleaning & keeping their doorstep tidy. I agree Antborough, I have seen worse than "saucily dressed" from some girls about the Nelly.
Thursday 14 November 2013 11.23am
I, too, am a tad surprised at the outrage. Especially given that Chariots and the fetish shop Honour exist nearby on Lower Marsh.

Where in The Cut is this den of iniquity, may I ask?
Thursday 14 November 2013 11.41am
There is nothing wrong with having any of the three mentioned outlets on the Cut. None of them cause a problem. If you want all kittens painted white then perhaps inner city London with all it has to offer aint the place to be !
Thursday 14 November 2013 11.50am
AntBorough wrote:
There is nothing wrong with having any of the three mentioned outlets on the Cut. None of them cause a problem. If you want all kittens painted white then perhaps inner city London with all it has to offer aint the place to be !

No, no, AntBorough, you misread my post. I am all in favour of the diversity, and those outlets.

And frankly, anything which counters the homogenisation of our streets by Sainsbury's et al gets my vote.
Thursday 14 November 2013 12.04pm
Thank you La Martinet, my post was not aimed at you. I understood that you were in favour of the diversity. Cheers.
Thursday 14 November 2013 2.39pm
What interesting choice of words; 'den of iniquity', 'tad surprised at the outrage'. Perhaps someone would like to make a visit and find out what kind of massage parlour it is. If it's a genuine outlet where men and women can go for aromatherapy, massage and other related services, I have no problem with this and agree that we need diversity in the area. However, if it is a place where men go to pay for sex and/or other related activities then it needs to go, and for me, this is not a moral issue, it is about women being exploited by men. And if you do any research into the sex trade in Britain you will find that it is very unpleasant, and few women 'trade' freely. Additionally, it's against the law and as such is not likely to be paying taxes. I don't know what Chariots is so I can't comment, but if it's a place where illegal activities take place then it should be closed down. As for the fetish shop; I don't think any Laws are being broken and even if someone doesn't like what it sells, I think the shop display is quite discrete.
Thursday 14 November 2013 3.10pm
I would much prefer to see a scantily clad woman cleaning some stairs than the sights I get on my street !!!!

seriously jimmy saville it's not 1973 anymore...back in your coffin you go...
Thursday 14 November 2013 3.21pm
Karen I, have you considered that all parties concerned in this set up are happy with the arrangement? That's if there is some set up. You have gone from a scantily clad lady cleaning the stairs to a pay for sex brothel!!!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: