Guy's Hospital Light Sculpture

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 17 November 2013 9.08am
Does anyone have any idea when the light sculpture sitting atop Guy's Hospital is to be finally unveiled? Or are we to enjoy the sight of London's highest array of scaffolding for ever more?

Related news & features

Sunday 17 November 2013 9.36am
From the latest meeting of the hospital board:

The finished scheme will include the GSTT Charity funded 'Light Cloud' artwork by Carsten Niocolai which is currently under construction on the roof of the Communications Tower. The structural base of the artwork has now been installed and the overall artwork scheme completion is forecast for early February. The final scheme completion date is 21 March 2014 and it is forecast to be delivered well within budget.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 21 November 2013 7.15am
Hi James

Thank you very much for the update. Very much looking forward seeing the finished art work!

Kind regards
Saturday 23 November 2013 8.24am
Shame the building below is such an eyesore
Saturday 23 November 2013 9.01am
boroughpaul wrote:
Shame the building below is such an eyesore

I don't particularly like that building either, but I do think it has improved considerably. I quite like the end result of the whole renovation.
Saturday 23 November 2013 11.08am
i cant help but seeing the reclad structure as an old tart with too much makeup! i suppose quite an apt metaphor for bankside!
Sunday 30 March 2014 4.18pm
What happened to the sculpture? It doesn't look like a 'light cloud', at least not in the evening.
Monday 31 March 2014 12.11pm
The wavey artwork above the boiler house ( as it was ) makes my eyes go funny, and walking into the hospital the flooring does the same..
Monday 14 April 2014 2.03pm
Another completion date has come and gone bye,when will we 'See the light'
Monday 14 April 2014 2.13pm
the phrase...'you can't polish a turd' springs to mind
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: