Where to buy mutton on the bone in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 November 2013 9.38am
Continuing my theme of posting food related questions in the forums...

Had a bit of a hankering for mutton curry (which I've never made before), and was wondering if anybody knew where I could get hold of it in SE1? Doesn't need to be halal, but don't mind if it is.

Was contemplating driving to Tesco Surrey Quays, as I remember seeing a Halal counter there, which I think had it, but would be ideal if I could find something closer to London Bridge.

Thanks in advance.
Monday 18 November 2013 11.45am
There's a small market somewhere in the London Bridge area in which you might find some…
Monday 18 November 2013 12.27pm
east street market, or shadwell (not sure if shadwell is technically se1 but its close and they do sell mutton, commonly referred to as 'goat')
Monday 18 November 2013 1.44pm
There's a new butcher's in The Blue Market Square in Southwark Park Rd which is excellent. They really know their meat, can get anything you ask for including game & organic meat & have a small selection of Italian specialities, cheese, sausage, biscuits, chutneys in the deli. All very reasonable & highly recommended, as is Mick's for fruit & veg, & Russell for wet fish Wed.- Fri. There's also a butcher in Great Suffolk St. recommended by a friend but not known personally.
Monday 18 November 2013 2.10pm
I think Suffolk Meat on Great Suffolk St can help you out
Monday 18 November 2013 3.21pm
The butchers opposite tescos at the elephant do a lot of halal stuff, think i saw some a month ago.
Tuesday 19 November 2013 9.14am
The Halal butchers on the New Kent Road definitely sells mutton as I bought mutton chops a while back and they were delicious. I haven't seen it open in the past few days though. Hopefully it hasn't closed down...

The butchers on Great Suffolk Street is great too but I have never seen Mutton on sale.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: