Christmas Day lunch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 November 2013 1.48pm
Anyone know who might be open locally for lunch on Christmas Day? It could be a pub or restaurant. We're looking for somewhere doing a reasonably traditional lunch with a pleasant ambience
Monday 18 November 2013 2.08pm
The chop house butlers wharf is open
I think it may be on the expensive side
Monday 18 November 2013 2.32pm
Last year we opted to have Christmas lunch out rather than the stress of cooking. All of the D&D restaurants on the river do lunch at various sittings. They get booked up very quickly though so have a look at the menus/prices and book early. A deposit is also required. We ended up at Pont de la Tour as Blueprint Cafe & Chop House were full but we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was fantastic with Christmas music and although very busy, the staff were attentive and despite working, really in the Christmas spirit. Would love to do this every year, but alas I'll be up to my elbows in sprouts and parsnips this year. Enjoy!
Monday 18 November 2013 5.13pm
Ok it is not exactly local but we had a great lunch at Indigo last year - it is in the same building as Axis which is at Aldwych. Also looking for somewhere this year to ring the changes.
Monday 18 November 2013 6.01pm
Try Tas Pide, just behind the riverbank near the Globe and Tate Modern. It was open a few years ago when we went for Christmas Day lunch.
Monday 18 November 2013 6.22pm
chavender wrote:
Ok it is not exactly local but we had a great lunch at Indigo last year - it is in the same building as Axis which is at Aldwych.

Another recommendation for Indigo at One Aldwych Hotel. After, we took an ambling walk home along an almost deserted Waterloo Bridge, Southbank and Bankside.

Also, The Royal Oak in Tabard Street do a great Christmas lunch.

Went to the Hilton at Tooley Street once but I was not impressed - food was okay but the atmosphere was dire - dead quite and no music.
Tuesday 19 November 2013 9.19am
I went to Browns in Butlers Wharf a few years ago. It was great and about 50 for 4 courses I think. had a great time. Amazing having a river view.
Thursday 21 November 2013 9.42am
The Royal Oak, Tabard Street are serving Christmas Lunch, not completely sure of details as I scanned the poster in their window very quickly the other day as I walked past, here's what I remember... there is a choice of each course, Turkey and Goose were included in the mains, Champagne Reception and wine with the meal included, not cheap at 70pp but I understand very popular.

Life's too short live it!!!

D x

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: