Thanks Berm st runners (from cyclist)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 20 November 2013 2.16am
Not sure if any of you read this forum but just in case- super huge big thanks. I'm the one that went over his handlebars when the car came without looking onto Bermondsey Street. I go slow because so many don't realise it's two-way for cyclists but it's not enough if they're not looking at all.
Anyway... you group of runners were fantastic. Thank you so much. Especially those that kept the determined cars away from me and refused to move me when the medics on your phone told you not to, despite the drivers shouting at you to get me out of the way. I'm back from the outstanding St Thomas' and although I can't walk there isn't actually a break! Lucky!
Really hope you get the thank you, running people. It would have been a very poor experience without you. You even managed to call me the greatest of ambuleance crew too!
Wednesday 20 November 2013 7.53am
***** drivers shouting at you to be moved Beetroot...where was their compassion and common sense? Glad your up and running...well almost! :-) reminds me of bruges I did not realise that the one way street could indicate both ways for cyclists too.
Wednesday 20 November 2013 7.58am
Hi Beetroot, sorry to hear about your accident and glad to hear you are ok. Sounds really nasty. Well done all you joggers.
Wednesday 20 November 2013 11.53am
I assume you must've been wearing headphones, beetroot?
But seriously, glad to see a bit of compassion and hope you make a speedy recovery.
Sunday 24 November 2013 12.02am
There is a lot of love in the world.

Great to hear that the runners did a great job.

Get well soon beetroot!
Friday 6 December 2013 4.08pm
Interesting to find I'm being spammed silly from injury claims people. Until writing this post I've done nothing to alert them... hmmm
Friday 6 December 2013 5.50pm
Spammed by what form of communication?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 7 December 2013 12.19am
Emails. I'm not saying it had anything to do with this site. Sorry I realized it looked like that's what I was implying. I was just making the point that I haven't been alerting those legal firms anywhere. I don't remember giving my email to the police. Maybe it's a bizarre coincidence.
Saturday 7 December 2013 8.15am
Same thing happened to me when I had an accident, I think it's a big brother thing where the info on us is widely shared, so if a company have your name and address they can easily get your email and tel.

The question of course is who sold your info. It would clearly be a breach of the data protection act for the police or ambulance service to do it. I'm pretty sure it's not the runners, they seem the good guys here (!) so it's an interesting one.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: