Stop signs in SE1.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 24 November 2013 9.09am
Has anyone else seen the creatively redesigned stop signs in se1? Very clever, seen a few around Tabard st and union st.

Anyone know who's behind doing them?
Sunday 24 November 2013 9.49am
http://pic.twitter.com/TOeNLFVEr5

http://pic.twitter.com/yimQmRG5Lr

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 24 November 2013 6.08pm
There are a few on Bermondsey Street too - I love them
Monday 25 November 2013 10.17am
I've been meaning to mention these for the last couple of weeks - I've seen similar things in other parts of London/the world but not on this scale and with this range of designs.

I really like them, but wonder how long until they're removed and replaced with official ones.
Monday 25 November 2013 12.23pm
The Hutch wrote:
Has anyone else seen the creatively redesigned stop signs in se1? Very clever, seen a few around Tabard st and union st.

I really hope you don't drive a car Hutch, they are No Entry signs!
Saw one of these in Islington about a year ago and then spotted 2 last night on Webber Street. Now just spotted one on Grays Inn Road on the way to work.
Monday 25 November 2013 5.18pm
Modman wrote:
The Hutch wrote:

I really hope you don't drive a car Hutch, they are No Entry signs!
Saw one of these in Islington about a year ago and then spotted 2 last night on Webber Street. Now just spotted one on Grays Inn Road on the way to work.

You're right they are. Only ride a bike these days. And signs mean nothing to us! I joke of course!!
AD
Monday 25 November 2013 11.11pm
A sign at the north end of George Row has been 'bombed' and also one on Horselydown Rd. I'm on a mission to photograph them but between work and family I struggle to justify the importance of my pastimes!
Wednesday 27 November 2013 10.25am
It's funny the first time but they're not new - loads in the west end.

About 1/100 of the creativity of Banksy and of all the things in the street to choose, a vital piece of safety ... and they cost hundreds to replace.

Perhaps recolouring traffic lights or painting over pedestrian crossings will be their next flash of inspiration.
Wednesday 27 November 2013 4.56pm
Colinio wrote:
It's funny the first time but they're not new - loads in the west end.
About 1/100 of the creativity of Banksy and of all the things in the street to choose, a vital piece of safety ... and they cost hundreds to replace.

Perhaps recolouring traffic lights or painting over pedestrian crossings will be their next flash of inspiration.

Preceded by 'I don't believe it'....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network