Asda

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 26 November 2013 2.30pm
Trying to navigate their online ordering site and having difficulty as the site kept responding 'no delivery available for that postcode' i.e. se1 4aj.. having delivery made elsewhere with a different billing address, encountered problems, I phoned the 0800 helpline and spoke to a young lady who did not seem to grasp what I was saying, I asked for the manager who then took 24 minutes to help me..the system must have had gremlins in today as what he said would appear did not..anyway suddenly realising that he to spoke with a south african accent asked if they were based in south africa and he said yes...why when we have so much unemployment continuing to outsource work? before anyone jumps on the race waggon, my dear grandson is south african...lol
Tuesday 26 November 2013 2.58pm
I've had previous orders from George online with no problem but the most recent one got stuck in their systems and I had several long conversations with the helpdesk call centre in SA. Very helpful but fundamentally completely ineffective. The only thing that got a response in the end was a series of tweets explaining the complaint and an online complaint form.
Incidentally why is it that Asda OKR can't deliver groceries??
Tuesday 26 November 2013 10.10pm
I also tried to arrange a delivery to SE1 and it said the same thing. Did manage a delivery at the end ?
Wednesday 27 November 2013 2.54pm
I was trying to order online for my daughter in derbyshire, where i am at the moment, when it came to putting in the billing address only, it just kept coming up..we do not deliver etc. I have found sometimes leaving a big space between the se1 and 4aj sometimes helps on some sites, as it seemes to register se14..new cross! as i said I am not a moron when it comes to ordering online as many of my purchases are made that way. I also sent mail to the bit that said how well are we doing etc., you can imagine what I put. The site under some circumstances is unnavigatible.(?)lets hope the stuff arrives! But it was the attitude of the first rep. that peed me off, she rattled it off then repeated it slowly and still made it hard to follow. And her manager(?) still took over 20 minutes to rectify..assuming I am one dumb cluck why is the site so hard to use?
Monday 2 December 2013 1.16pm
If you wonder about customer service attitude, outsourcing, treatment of staff

just follow the current headlines of Wal-Mart (as ASDA is part of the global Wal-Mart operation - world's largest company by revenue): not only the slave labour in Bangladesh (and the UK, egg slave labour scandal earlier this year), it's the working poor everywhere.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/19/walmart-canton-collections/3636729/

They did not become so big with ethical principles or treating people with dignity. They only want your money for as less effort as possible. They cannot even be bothered to pay all their staff decent wages.

So of course, sadly there won't be decent service for you from disengaged staff.

If you really want to dig deep, here is a good place to start your research
http://www.business-humanrights.org
Tuesday 10 December 2013 9.08pm
Tonight, Jumbo Thai Fishcakes, 1.68 each or 2 for 3. Except they were no longer 1.68, they'd rolled back to 1.48 each.
So... By my reckoning I'd actually be worse off by buying two!
Wednesday 11 December 2013 9.46am
Keira wrote:
I'd actually be worse off by buying two!

You might like to support this campaign and tell http://www.which.co.uk/campaigns/special-offers/

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: