Anyone recommend laptop repair place in or near SE1 please?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 6 December 2013 10.25am
Have managed to drop something onto the screen of my MacBook Air :-(
The LCD is obviously screwed but the front glass is ok. Does anyone have any recommendations for a place that could do the repair please, or if anyone on here has a business dealing with this sort of thing please let me know.
Friday 6 December 2013 11.37am
There is a place on Tanner Street. I haven't used them personally, but they're a very long-established local business. I know there have been mixed reviews on here previously principally around their opening hours, but I can't say I've noticed any issues - albeit I haven't used them!

Anyway, they're local and they do this sort of thing. Something laptops on Tanner Street (just by Dockhead).
Friday 6 December 2013 12.40pm
I used a local company recently who fixed my Dell laptop on a Saturday morning. I was able to wait while they did it - it took about an hour but worth it. Details below - no connection - but happy to recommend them !

Creative IT
020 7237 6805

OPEN: 9AM to 6PM MONDAY TO SATURDAY
email: info@creativeit.tv
80 Willow Walk
The Willows, Unit 1
London SE1 5SY
Friday 6 December 2013 12.41pm
A couple of years ago I used Modern Computers at 171 OKR and was delighted with the service I received. (No connections - happy customer)
Friday 6 December 2013 12.47pm
Thanks guys. It seems that because its a MacBook air, it's going to cost between 400 and 500 :-(

Am seriously considering if its even worth it, or if better to just switch to windows and get as high a spec machine as possible for the same cost as the repair to my 3 year old machine would be!
Friday 6 December 2013 1.39pm
Connecting London - just off Borough High Street/ Harper Row - have given excellent service, and offer discounted rates to locals like us. Definitely recommend them if you have not sorted your problem out yet.
Friday 6 December 2013 2.48pm
I managed to replace the LCD screen on my new laptop with one bought from amazon for 75. Arrived in 2 days.

It was easy! .... some screws & leads to remove, lift out, slot new screen back in and put screws back.
There are lots of tutorials on youtube if you fancy a little bit of research and having a go yourself.
Just a thought.
Saturday 7 December 2013 12.57pm
Jaggarjatt, have you checked that your ordinary household insurance covers accidental damage to things like your Macbook? Often accidental damage cover for such things as computers, TVs and the like is included in policies even if accidental damage for almost everything else isn't.
Sunday 8 December 2013 10.29pm
Hey. I use a local guy to help me with my Apple MacBook.
www.justmakeitwork.biz
Monday 9 December 2013 2.02pm
Thanks for the responses guys.
johnnytee - unfortunately the MacBook air one isn't as easy as most because it's glued in (rather than screwed) and superslim.

Boroughbloke - my excess is 250 so would still cost a fair bit to get it fixed.

I've managed to set it up so that it at least can be plugged into TV so can use it at least. My flatmate got a PC tablet with FULL windows on it (not just a mobile version) and a keyboard that you can attach for when you need it, and that's only 350. Rather than pay excess of 250 to get an older laptop fixed which might develop other faults soon, I'd probably rather pay a bit more for a brand new machine that's higher spec.

Very impressed with how helpful everyone on here is though - thank you for the replies! Will certainly bear in mind for any future I.T. issues
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: