Self-storage near Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 10 December 2013 4.48pm
Does anyone have any recommendations for self-storage places not far from New Kent Rd / Elephant? I'd appreciate any hints about good prices or special offers too. Thank you.
Tuesday 10 December 2013 5.03pm
Hi Sophie

This place on Druid St has been used by a friend of mine with no problems.

I do not work for 'em.
Tuesday 10 December 2013 5.32pm
Henfield is inexpensive and I found it absolutely fine, indistinguishable from the big names. Straightforward pricing, no confusing deals. It's halfway down the Old Kent Road though.
Tuesday 10 December 2013 6.07pm
From my own recent research SDM in Harper Road (entrance in Swan St.) appear very slightly cheaper than 1st, depending on the size of unit required. They also have fewer additional 'admin' and insurance related charges. They advertise as document storage but host other stuff, however, they don't open at all at weekends and I'm not sure about comparisons of quality of units, security etc., so best to take a look.

Henfield also looked good, but a bit too far away for my particular requirements.
Wednesday 11 December 2013 10.21am
I use, and my firm still recommends ABC on Ossory Road, off Old Kent Road.
I could write a book about the horrors of self storage, having been involved in removals since the mid 1990's but ABC have always been OK.
Mention Bigvan for a discount.
Wednesday 11 December 2013 10.34am
Is there still one in Harper Road?
Friday 13 December 2013 8.27am
I use Safestore OKR.
No problem at all with them.
Tuesday 24 December 2013 8.48am
I echo this. The ladies at ABC in Ossory Road (next to Asda OKR) are a delight to deal with and are always friendly and welcoming. Free coffee and WiFi is an added bonus.

My partner and I had one, two then three units as we stored everything and when we moved recently into our new house we closed down the units one by one and received a cheerful refund for the unused time.

The units are dry, pest free and everything came out good as new.

I mentioned BigVan when signing up and they gave me a 25 M&S voucher and a 10% discount for doing so.

Tuesday 24 December 2013 10.25am
ABC on the OKR have been very helpful, prices are competitive and they also do discount as Graham mentions.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: