Baker and Maker

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 15 December 2013 6.12pm
New shop, Maker and Baker, opened at 197 Long Lane this weekend and loads of lovely stuff especially cake decorating/baking stuff,gift wrapping, quirky small toys, gifts and cushions etc. I have no connection or vested interest - just a pleasantly surprised SE1er who came across it this afternoon en route to Bermondsey Street they have website and are on Facebook. It is great to see a new shop that is different and sells different things - breathes some fresh thinking into the area.
Sunday 15 December 2013 10.43pm
I popped in on friday and it is brilliant. Quirky and fabulous. Cant do enough to help customers.
Lovely vibe and interior.
Definitely worth a visit either on foot or website
Monday 16 December 2013 12.01pm
Crikey wish I knew about this shop before coming to the midlands for christmas, my youngest daughter would be in her element, missed christmas but her birthday is in march!
Monday 16 December 2013 1.21pm
I just walked past it and it looks really nice. Very good place for gifts. Great addition to the neighbourhood.
Wednesday 18 December 2013 11.32pm
Just wanted to say thanks to Casey for posting this - we have had a steady stream of visitors to our new shop over the past few days, a great many of whom have mentioned this post and forum in general. Really appreciated as we've been so busy trying to get organised and open for Christmas, that we haven't had a chance to do anything in the way of local marketing as yet.

Baker and Maker has been running for a year as an online business supplying baking accessories, crafts and gifts. With the introduction of a shop, we're now branching out into homewares and stationery and will be selling vintage furniture supplied by my husband's business, Soren&Faber, too.

We've lived in SE1 for 12 years and are excited, and a little anxious, to be opening our first shop here. However, we've been hugely encouraged by the excellent feedback we've had, not to mention patience whilst we find our feet, thank you!

We'll be open until 8pm tomorrow and will have some mulled wine and mince pies on the go from 6ish so please pop in if you're in the area.

Emma & Antony
Thursday 19 December 2013 10.01am
My partner went in here a couple of days ago & got all kinds of lovely bits. I can't wait to get to see it all - sounds like a lovely addition to the area
Thursday 19 December 2013 10.45am
Ooh - looks nice. Thanks for letting us know.
Thursday 19 December 2013 1.40pm
Fabulous! Love this kind of thing. Will check it out tomorrow. Welcome to the 'hood!
Monday 23 December 2013 2.00pm
It is a lovely shop and a great addition to the area. They even welcomed Zelda the Lab when we were out on our daily walk!
Wednesday 26 February 2014 6.04pm
Just wanted to say that we open again!

We closed at Christmas for further refurbishment and to get the final bits of our lease finalised and unfortunately it all took a lot longer than anticipated.

We're now open:

Tuesday-Saturday 11am-6pm
Sunday 12-5pm
Monday 12-2pm (we are here all day for online orders/collections but working from our storeroom at the back so the shop itself is not open all day)

We also have everything online at:
Furniture at

Free delivery in SE1 or click and collect from the shop.

Hope to see you again soon.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: