Great Guildford Street Restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
jw
Monday 16 December 2013 11.28pm
Anyone know what restaurant is going in the the premises behind Itsu on GG Street - been told it's a restaurant by the builders but not sure what
Tuesday 17 December 2013 9.42am
At one point it was going to be a spin-off from a restaurant in New York, in collaboration with one of the founders of St John - but I think that plan may have fallen through.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
jw
Tuesday 17 December 2013 1.04pm
I was told by someone that it was going to be a British restaurant
Monday 31 March 2014 1.59pm
It's going to be a second branch of 'Hixter' by Mark Hix

Wednesday 30 July 2014 9.51am
Hixter Bankside opens today

Wednesday 30 July 2014 11.59am
I'll be interested to hear what people think of the new place
Wednesday 30 July 2014 6.54pm
I've just had an early supper at Hixter, the moment you walk through the door you are well looked after. Food & service was exceptional. Look forward to going again
Thursday 31 July 2014 6.23am
Went for dinner last night
Excellent service, delicious food
Will go back for more soon
Thursday 31 July 2014 11.57am
Had dinner there last night too. I can see us spending quite a lot of time at Hixster in the coming years, as it was really good and I imagine will get much better. My only negative comments... the Pale Ale was served so cold (and in a frosted 'mug') it had more texture than taste, so was pretty pointless. I presume the Pilsner comes on a stick. Yes, I know, a very First World problem. Bigger issue was that the main restaurant was cacophonous. It needs some surface-softening as you basically get a couple of idiot wildebeest blokes, viciously high on a deal to sell fishermans' eyes to deaf Saudi Arabian princelings, raising the volume to a level where it's a constant effort to have a conversation with someone only two feet away. Not somewhere for a romantic date where your wit needs to make up for your looks, or for the emphysemic. After our meal we went downstairs to the bar for a bit of p+q, which is a slighly arse-about-face situation. Anyway, the bar is great - a destination in itself rather than the usual 'holding pen for diners'.
Thursday 31 July 2014 12.50pm
Had a look round yesterday, forgot to ask about the price of a beer. I'm guessing a little more than your average?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: