Best Asian supermarket?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 28 December 2013 11.32am
Hi everyone, do people have a recommended Asian supermarket in the Abbey Street / Druid Street area?

Many thanks
Sunday 29 December 2013 12.08am
No...
Sunday 29 December 2013 1.49pm
The closest to that area I can think of which is a proper large Asian supermarket stocking akin to the ones in Chinatown ( ie stocks frozen / fresh / cooking utensils is on Walworth Road next to the Dragon inn restaurant ( opposite Elephant Rd ). It also has a small Vietnamese restaurant incorporated into it. There is also another one on the second floor of the E & C shopping center which is large but not as well stocked. TBH I was surprised when such a large one opened there but its not short of custom.
Sunday 29 December 2013 6.08pm
Depends what you are looking for, there is the big one on walworth road, although Vietnamese stocks most asian cuisine. There is also a small Vietnamese shop down the blue and a shop on old kent road near to asda. Of all three I prefer walworth road
Monday 30 December 2013 10.22am
Thanks everyone. I tried Vinh Phat on Southwark Park Road yesterday (Vietnamese) and was very impressed. Small but well stocked.
Monday 30 December 2013 10.42am
Vinh Phat is fantastic, and the prices are good too. I travel to Asia frequently and bring food back with me and I have found that sometimes its actually cheaper to buy it at home!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: