Cancer support group

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 9 January 2014 12.32am
Does anyone have any information on local groups for people supporting partners with cancer. Or bereavement support groups?
My sister is about to lose her partner to cancer and to date the only group I can find is in clapham.
Really grateful for any suggestions from any of the helpful forum users.
Thursday 9 January 2014 11.09am
In the oncology department at Guys there is a smashing Macmillan side office where you can get loads of help, they may have advice on more local groups, or perhaps BACUP still exists, will find out and post.

Tell your sister I am so sorry, I know how she feels, x
Thursday 9 January 2014 11.13am
Just checked and it merged with the macmillan in 2008. There was another link to Cancer active which may help..
Thursday 9 January 2014 11.24am
Further to Jan's advice, the Macmillan Cancer Support website has a search engine for local support groups:

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/HowWeCanHelp/CancerSupportGroups/FindCancerSupportGroups.aspx?q=London

A brief Internet search indicated some support groups are organised around different types of cancer. So a further alternative would be to run a general search for that information plus a location to see what comes up.

Good luck.
Thursday 9 January 2014 10.06pm
Thanks so much for the advice,really kind. I will follow up on both suggestions.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: