Indian takeaway recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 13 January 2014 4.43pm
I'm a new resident to the SE1 area and looking for recommendations for good authentic Indian restaurants that do takeaway/deliver. Reasonably priced food for weekend takeaways.

thanks
Jini
Monday 13 January 2014 5.00pm
If around Borough/Elephant;

Ivory Arch (£10 min for delivery)- V. good and No tip expected.
Cafe Nawaz (£12 min for delivery)- V. Good, but expensive compare to Ivory Arch. More so becuase they add card charges.
Simply Indian (£15 min for delivery)- V. Good, if pricey, but they do have the most original menu.
Morley Tandoori (£12 min for delivery) - So so, but freebies often added. However, their delivery driver seems to think a generous tip is a legal entitlement.

All can be found on http://hungryhouse.co.uk/
Monday 13 January 2014 5.23pm
Hi Jini,

Welcome to SE1.

I have tried Shad Indian. You have to be very selective about what you order but if you eat non vegitarian i would recomend the Lamb Rajshahi and prawn puree.

Cheers
Monday 13 January 2014 6.22pm
Mumbai at Dockhead near Shad Thames.
Great food, good value, lovely people.
Monday 13 January 2014 6.46pm
I like Morley takeaway,it is bog standard but does me,i've never felt pressured into giving a tip and if I do it's a £,mind you I have it quite regular so perhaps they let me off.

You do have to remind them of their deals though.
Monday 13 January 2014 11.09pm
Davies wrote:
Mumbai at Dockhead near Shad Thames.
Great food, good value, lovely people.

Seconded.
Tuesday 14 January 2014 7.02am
Tower Tandoori on Tower Bridge Road is, IMHO, the best Indian restaurant in SE1, and certainly amongst the best in London. Excellent food, great service and speedy delivery of take away orders. Highly, highly recommended.
Tuesday 14 January 2014 10.16am
Although I've not tried all of those listed above, I can't recommend Cafe Nawaz highly enough. Great food, reasonable prices, fantastic service.
Tuesday 14 January 2014 10.19am
I would second Boroughblokes recommendation of Café Nawaz
Fantastic food, especially the Café Nawaz special (chicken with mince) which is packed with meat not just a few chunks floating in sauce like some restaurants. The Goan Chicken Curry is also good, especially for people who don't want too much heat, but still plenty of spice and flavour. Their paneer peshwari side is brilliant (very mild and creamy but a lot more flavour than a korma). Tarka Daal not so great.
They always deliver quickly, food is piping hot when it arrives, and friendly staff.
I have no connection to them, just order very regularly :-)
It's also great as a dine-in place too
Tuesday 14 January 2014 11.59am
Shaheen Tandoori on Waterloo Road is good, generous portions and the meat is always tender. I stopped using the established restaurants in the area after too many dodgy meals.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/676/shaheen-tandoori
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: