Plans for 27 Storey tower next to Shard

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 January 2014 1.40pm
Quote from developers...

"We believe the proposed development will not only further enhance London Bridge Quarter in its present form but will substantially elevate the public realm surrounding the transport hub and complement the redevelopment of the station which is due to complete in 2018"

They seem to have missed off "..and will create a wind tunnel along London Bridge Street, capable of blasting anything and everything to oblivion in even the slightest of summer breezes".
Friday 17 January 2014 12.06pm
I went to the exhibition and must admit liked what I saw. Would be a big improvement and the way the open space areas work brings out the best in the Georgian buildings next door. The current buildings don't offer much at all. So before you judge go & see....
Tuesday 28 October 2014 1.14pm
Decision due next week: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/7915

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 28 October 2014 2.43pm
'Clusters' seems to be the planning policy buzzword nowadays whereas a few years ago it was 'landmark' building. Once the landmark is in place then the cluster can begin to be built. This is all steered by PJ's administration as fed to them by the developers.
Tuesday 28 October 2014 2.53pm
It also reminds me about the discussion at CWAAP review about design and 'slender' tall buildings. Slender now obviously a policy to design out affordable housing.

We wait and see how Maydew House will resolve the 'poor door' issue having only two slender lifts.

And CIL, the story shows the future and the plan to remove 75% of CIL from the area of development and spend it in an area where many cabinet members are owners of property.
Wednesday 29 October 2014 10.21pm
um. what's the problem? an ugly building goes, it gets replaced by another.
Thursday 6 November 2014 3.14pm
I see that Cllr Catherine Dales completely understands the problem of the effect of these developments by lamenting the loss of low price vital businesses to tourism. Yet the vote was unanimous. Interesting.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: