Ticino vs Franco Manca

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Wednesday 15 January 2014 2.39pm
Just saw that Franco Manca are planning on opening a branch on Bermondsey Street this year (see Tweet on Jan 1 here: https://twitter.com/FrancoMancaPizz). Much as I think they're great (branch in Brixton market always worth a visit), I'm a bit worried they're going to eclipse dear old local Ticino that seems to be taking some time to get its cafe up and running. Does anyone know anything more about either of these? ie. when/where Franco Manca may set up, and when Ticino intends to open its doors? I'm guessing Ticino Cafe has pizzas planned judging by pizza oven visible in back of premises. Surely there's not room for two pizzerias on one small street...
Wednesday 15 January 2014 2.45pm
I suspect Franco Manca will take 124 Bermondsey Street

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 15 January 2014 5.21pm
Great news, I love Franco Manca!! The best pizzas in London as far as I am concerned . And pretty cheap too!
Wednesday 15 January 2014 11.37pm
Very strange what has happened with both Ticino and 124. 124 is run by the gang from the leather exchange, and was supposed to reopen some time ago but never seemed to. Does anyone know more?

Something also seems to be going on at the large unoccupied premise at the north end of Bermondsey Street - the one that BVAG have used and has the coffee hatch. Not sure if that could be Franco Manca.
Thursday 16 January 2014 9.00am
Franco Manca has now confirmed it's taking 124 Bermondsey Street.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 16 January 2014 9.49am
Interesting about 124. A lovely premises and long overdue to be treated with love. Did know that the Leather Exchange lot had pulled out - heard from George the barber next door (great source of local gossip). He realised it was finally kaput when they took out the kitchen equipment a few months back. Glad someone else is going to put it to good use, but, as said previously, do hope that Ticino get off the mark first just in case they get eclipsed by FM established brand and following...
Thursday 16 January 2014 1.48pm
Blimey! Now I see that Zucca are also opening a pizzeria and gelateria next door to their current restaurant. Will be called Farina and set to open next month, by most accounts.

Everyone had better have an appetite for pizza in SE1...
Friday 17 January 2014 6.20pm
Bang goes the New Years diet then !
Saturday 18 January 2014 11.01am
Both sound like good additions - guaranteed to be high quality, and also bring some more affordable eating options to the street. Hopefully ticino will get things together soon.
Saturday 18 January 2014 1.24pm
Interesting new twist. Ticino's is to open within a month and will be serving pizzas. Farina is apparently now on hold.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: