Southwark (Non) Repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 20 January 2014 5.00pm
I am a council tenant and I first raised a job with the council around last October/November. The job is to retile the wall behind the bathroom as the tiles are loose and the board behind the tiles is getting wet, and to replaster.

The first time an operative came, he said that he will go back to the office and arrange for a plasterer to come, as he couldn't do it, so anyway a few weeks later an another operative turns up, and says he will go back to the office and arrange for someone to come out and do the job. I left it a few weeks as Christmas was approaching and I knew that they probably wouldn't come out then, so a couple of weeks ago I called the call centre, and they told me that the last operative who came out actually put the job as completed even though nothing had been done.
I explained all of this and another date was set, which I then had to cancel as I had to work, but they turned up anyway, so either the person I spoke to in the call centre didn't pass on my message or they choose to ignore it.
I now have an appointment booked for AM 14th Feb, which is also a day I am working and am not sure what the operative will do when he comes. The person I spoke to at the call centre said that day, they will do the work but to be honest it needs more than one day, and I don't want to take the day off work if they won't be starting.
Would it be ok for me to refuse to allow them to start the work that day, or would I have to let them start?
Monday 20 January 2014 5.51pm
I suggest you look at the Tenancy Agreement to check your rights and obligations; see LBS website.
Monday 20 January 2014 9.03pm
It's your home,it gets done when it's conveniant to you,it's not like it's a fire alarm or something else that may affect insurance, in that case they could demand entry and would of been done by now.
Tuesday 21 January 2014 12.38am
Just out of interest, is the job outsourced and if so, do you know to whom?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: