Wednesday 22 January 2014 10.59am
Hello! Everyone who’s interested in Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park
(the park around the Imperial War Museum
) is cordially invited to our Annual General Meeting, at 7.30pm on Wednesday 29 January at Roots & Shoots, Walnut Tree Walk, Kennington, SE11 6DN.
Please do come along, and help elect a new committee, and to tell us what changes or improvements you’d like to see in our lovely park. Also we’ll take a few minutes to remember Maureen Johnston, our long-standing Chair, and all the hard work she put in for many years to protect and improve our park.
And, would you like to join the committee? We need at least one more committee member. This just means attending regular committee meetings, and then volunteering to help out with initiatives – like a dog show or some fundraising for the nursery – if you feel like it.
Please also ‘like’ our new facebook page and join our mailing list we’re going to start a regular e-mail newsletter soon.
If you can let us know you’re coming, at firstname.lastname@example.org
, that will help give us an idea of numbers. Look forward to seeing you!
AGENDA FOR ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
1. Minutes of last meeting.
2. Tribute to Maureen Johnston
3. Election of Committee Officers and Members.
Chair: Jessica Kennedy
Vice chair: Nicola Barton
Treasurer: Sue Young
Secretary: Paul Dykes
Membership Secretary: Tess Callaway
Committee Member: Claudia Johnston
Committee Member: Bel Lyons
Committee Member: ? (This could be you!)
4. Treasurer’s Report
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/friendsofgmhpark http://www.facebook.com/friendsofgmhpark
- Website: www.friendsofgmhpark.org http://www.friendsofgmhpark.org
- Email: email@example.com
6. Annual membership fee: review amount and collection process.
7. Update on ongoing initiatives:
- Dog water fountain
- Dog gym
- Annual fete/dog show
- Peace Playground initiative
- Wish list
8. Suggestions for improvements members would like to be made to the park.
9. Any other business.
10. Date of next meeting.