BBQ Sauce

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 28 January 2014 1.38pm
I've been meaning to mention this for a while. Every day, I walk to work along Grange Road. Every day, when I pass the area where Crimscott St and Fendall St intersect Grange Road, no matter what time of day, there is a strong smell of BBQ sauce in the air.

I can only attribute it to the cafe that is on that stretch, but I've never noticed a smell like it anywhere else, except when standing right next to a bottle of BBQ sauce.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I going mad?
Tuesday 28 January 2014 2.21pm
You're not mad, although I always thought the smell was (very) smokey bacon from the Embassy Cafe.
Tuesday 28 January 2014 5.45pm
There is an industrial Butcher on Crimscott st ,the name escapes me, I just assumed it was them smoking bacon.
Monday 3 February 2014 8.29am
I was unsure where Crimscott Street was so looked it up on Google maps I see Bodeans Central Kitchens are there, they do a stonkingly good BBQ sauce alongside BBQ ribs, pulled pork etc.

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Monday 3 February 2014 5.43pm
And funnily enough it's just around the corner from Bacon St !
Monday 3 February 2014 8.14pm
Used to that all you could smell around there was vinegar,now BBQ sauce,give it ten years and it will be a shallot and red wine jus.....(;
Monday 3 February 2014 8.49pm
OK, now you've made me hungry! I walk past there on Sunday mornings and I have always thought it was just breakfast bacon being cooked at St Mungos, or at one of the churches that worship there....but the smell was just a bit different to bacon.... I am definitely going to check out Bodeans BBQ!
Tuesday 4 February 2014 1.11am
I love the fact this forum has some serious political and social issues debated - and barbeque sauce - not being sarky - I love it!
Tuesday 4 February 2014 4.34am
I think that you will find that it's coming from the Bodeans BBQ restaurant chain's central kitchen where they smoke their meats & make their sauces for their restaurants
Tuesday 4 February 2014 5.32am
fdfhkjashfuirfhndxcsfuifrsfejrestae8thsndf
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: