Early morning drone?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 February 2014 9.34pm
Dear all

I recently moved into a flat on Morley Street and it's great! Except for the extremely loud drone noise which wakes me & my husband up every morning at about 4.15am. Does anyone know what this is? It's driving us mad! It lasts about 20mins and sounds sort of like a street cleaner vehicle but it goes on too long for it to be that.

Any ideas? We're getting really frustrated by it and would just like to know what we're being woken up by.

Wednesday 5 February 2014 11.34pm
It probably is a street cleaner vehicle. The Lambeth one seems to go on for ever.
Thursday 6 February 2014 12.09am
At last,I was going to post this ages ago but was certain that no one on this forum had heard it otherwise they would surely have mentioned it (I get the irony of that ha)

4:13 am to be precise,to be honest I haven't heard it for the last couple of mornings, but it was strong in Waterloo rd and has been for a few months now,every,single,morning.
It's quite difficult for me to get around to Waterloo rd from where I am so i've not investigated it though I have come close to going out to see! Bit dodgy though that time,possibly.
The fact that it comes on at the same time every morning tells me it's something technical and not manual,it really is odd,it comes on abruptly and when it's about to go off it fades as if it is going into the distance,I really don't think it's a vehicle though.

One of us is going to have to take a look!

PS:just to add we do have a street cleaner that comes around at differing times,that sounds like a boeing 747,you'll know that when you hear it,you can hear it in the distance getting louder as it comes closer,this other drone is quite different to that.
Thursday 6 February 2014 8.28am
A resident in Dodson street told me about this last week and I have already reported it to the noise team and asked them to investigate. She wasn't sure where it was coming from - she thought perhaps the H10 or the new student block? If you have any more detail or any other clues as to what/where it is then please email me at adele.morris@southwark.gov.uk and we will see if we can sort it out. Thanks. Adele

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network