What more Supermarkets?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Monday 10 February 2014 4.59pm
Just north of Blackfriars Bridge, Sainsbury's Local is opening in the old NatWest in New Bridge Street, opposite Tesco Express (which replaced the post office).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 12 February 2014 10.31pm
Hi all,

After reading comments I nervously reply as a Tesco store manger (Tooley street) that if there is anything we can do, or any feedback you'd like me to try and improve on if happily take the challenge!

Thanks
Mark
Wednesday 12 February 2014 10.55pm
I admire you Mark, not a store I use- but sure you will get feedback from these lovely se1 -ers
Wednesday 12 February 2014 11.27pm
Hi Mark,

Tesco Tooley street is a really good 'showpiece' store with a good range - I wish all the local SE1 Tescos were like your store - but unfortunately, they are not.

I've noticed your store pictured in quite a few TV and press reports about how Tesco's are improving their offer.

My idea is - could you not devise a mini-version of your store to roll out elsewhere in SE1?

Nicer finishes, graphics, lighting - more Finest products? Fresh 'Emporium' bread and pastries etc.? Local Bermondsey beer from the Kernel brewery?

Surely that's within the realms of the possible?
Friday 14 February 2014 1.56pm
We're an independent supermarket and try to offer everything you need for your everyday and treat shopping. I like to think we could help you and that we offer personal service. We certainly have cinnamon and icing sugar and lots of other baking ingredients. We're Greensmiths on Lower Marsh.
Zoe
Friday 14 February 2014 2.29pm
Thanks Greensmith, I shall remember that for next time, I hadn't thought to try you.
Friday 14 February 2014 4.25pm
Zoe wrote:
Thanks Greensmith, I shall remember that for next time, I hadn't thought to try you.

Same here.
Friday 14 February 2014 7.27pm
Again suggest you make your first stop in Lower Marsh for out-of-the-ordinary groceries Supreme Stores (not Springfields as I mistakenly said in an earlier post). Yellow frontage next door to Betfreds betting shop.
Zoe
Friday 14 February 2014 9.03pm
Ah yes, had wondered where you meant, thanks for the clarification.
Friday 14 February 2014 11.27pm
I have reduced shopping at supermarkets. That Sainsburys on Borough HS has an Audio system in place is too far for me. So you are now being heard as well as being watched.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network