Bird Mosaics

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 9 February 2014 6.03pm
I keep seeing sweet little bird mosaics dotted around SE1. Has anyone else noticed any? And does anyone know if they have any significance or if they're just a pleasant addition to brighten up the area?

I found one on Belvedere Road today. I also saw one on the wall by the river in between Blackfriars overground and Blackfriars Bridge this evening.
Sunday 9 February 2014 7.24pm
Hi there. They are actually created by a street artist called "SpaceInvader". They are mosaics of you guessed it of a space invader. I spend a lot of time with graffiti - street artists and love it. They are all over the country - I can let you know where more are if you like :-)
Sunday 9 February 2014 7.30pm
Hi ljgiles - I've seen/know about the space invader mosaics, and have seen a fair few of them on my travels, but I've never seen any of these bird ones before. I just love them!
Sunday 9 February 2014 9.27pm
What a wonderful idea. How many are there in SE1?
Monday 10 February 2014 12.06pm
Are they not little pieces by Southbank Mosaics?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 10 February 2014 12.20pm
If they are the same as this one I saw in Basel, Switzerland, they are all over Europe - I have seen them in other foreign cities as well:

Monday 10 February 2014 12.32pm
Edward Woodward - They're not the Space Invader mosaics - They are much more delicate and intricate, feature birds as the main subject matter and there aren't any space invaders in sight!

Ivanhoe - Having just had a look on their website, it looks like they could be! This one I found on their website is very similar to the ones I've seen:

http://www.southbankmosaics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/IMG_5069.jpg
Monday 10 February 2014 12.38pm
cathed wrote:
Edward Woodward - They're not the Space Invader mosaics - They are much more delicate and intricate, feature birds and the main subject matter and there aren't any space invaders in sight!
Ivanhoe - Having just had a look on their website, it looks like they could be! This one I found on their website is very similar to the ones I've seen:

http://www.southbankmosaics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/IMG_5069.jpg

Ooops, sorry, I only read ljgiles post as my eyes were drawn to the word "SpaceInvader", a videogame I still play today.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: