Framing of large pictures - recommendation needed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 14 February 2014 1.53pm
I have some old London bus blinds (the things that show where the bus is going) which are about 6ft long by about 2ft wide.

I need them framed, but I can't seem to find off-the-shelf frames in this size and the quotes I've had have been for over 600 - admittedly, that was for a very arty type of finish, but I can't spend that much on it.

So does anyone know anywhere that either sells such large frames off the shelf or that will make me one for under 100? All recommendations gratefully received.
Friday 14 February 2014 3.28pm
Not sure about price as frames do tent ot be expensive but there is a framing place on Tower Bridge Road http://www.bijanart.co.uk/tmf.htm I've used them a couple of times & they were very good
Friday 14 February 2014 3.54pm
Thanks for this Sarah. I'll let you know how I get on.
Friday 14 February 2014 4.28pm
There is also Dyson Art in one of the rail arches on Ewer Street - http://www.dysonart.com/
Friday 14 February 2014 4.38pm
Thanks Ruile.
Friday 14 February 2014 4.56pm
Pearson glazing in peckham done a pic same kinda size few yrs ago...
Friday 14 February 2014 5.44pm
Thanks Real, that's a very good idea and not one that I'd even thought of. I'll ring them in the morning. Of course, frame places say it's huge but in window sizes it's just a bog standard window frame.
Friday 14 February 2014 8.16pm
If you've got a few to frame, might be worth learning to DIY...

Bijan have done good work for us, though

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 15 February 2014 9.53am
I've used Bijan, grumpy but good.
Sunday 16 February 2014 4.44pm
Bijan is great, but not sure you'd get something that size framed for less than 100.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network