140 Southwark Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 23 February 2014 1.33am
Dear SE1 residents,
I'm thinking of placing an offer on a flat in 140 Southwark Bridge road, which I understand is also called Mybase1. Location wise it's brilliant but does anyone know what this development is like to live in - is it okay/safe/not too noisy? On a separate note, the prices are so much steeper in Se1 than a year ago! Thanks in advance for your help.
Monday 24 February 2014 10.54am
Hi Starshine

I've been a resident since it was first built, and haven't had any major problems. As you say, location wise is great. Some people complain of noise from the courtyard sometimes but you'd get that in any development. The managing agents are slow to respond at times and we're still waiting repairs following a fire/flood last July but that's because of damp that can take months to get rid of.
In terms of safety and noise, I think it's going to depend where in the building you buy exactly, but overall, I think the sound insulation between flats is great. hardly ever hear my neighbours and in 55 years no major issues. I've certainly never felt unsafe.
If anything the other side of the building (130 Webber St) is less safe. Just recently someone stole a key from the concierge office and broke in and stole a load of stuff from one of the penthouses.
We might not have a concierge on our side but it is monitored by CCTV.
Tuesday 25 February 2014 8.36pm
Thanks very much for the info JaggerJatt, really helpful. Unfortunately my offer wasn't successful, but hopefully something else will come up soon! Best wishes

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: