League Cup Final (yes really..!)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 23 February 2014 4.57pm
OK - in what may be one of the more peculiar requests I will ever place on here, I am looking for a decent friendly pub in SE1 ( preferably north of Elephant & Castle) that will be showing the league cup final between Sunderland and Man City at 2pm on Sunday March 2nd. As a displaced Sunderland supporter, who is under no illusion that we have not a hope in hell of winning, I'm looking for somewhere that myself and a few friends can watch the match in relative comfort. Not your usual football crowd.....so if you have a place, please be assured that we will not be overly rowdy..! All/any suggestions welcome
Sunday 23 February 2014 6.34pm
I've been to watch a couple of games at the Mad Hatter on Stamford Street in the past. Took my young son, very pleasant, just some locals. Surprised not more people were there.
Sunday 23 February 2014 8.01pm
Mad Hatter is a great shout...

However,the last time Sunderland won a cup was in 73 when against all odds they beat Leeds (champions?).
The church of the precious blood hailed Mongomeries double save as a miracle.
I remember being shown a newsletter thing with a picture of |Mongomery in flight and the word "MIRACLE".

I think you should pop in and light a candle before the match!
Monday 24 February 2014 10.22am
Have you spoken to your local supporters' club?
http://www.weardownsouth.com/
Monday 24 February 2014 11.54am
...as always - some good suggestions. Thanks for your input one and all....
Monday 24 February 2014 3.23pm
always watch games at The Old Kings Head on Borough High St…nice atmosphere & you can smoke in the alley outside if it all gets too tense

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: