Sunday Roasts SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 24 February 2014 11.29am
Been sampling a lot of Sunday roasts recently looking for the best. On Sunday had lunch at the Three Stags which I rate as the best so far. Whole chicken, plenty of sides and large portions. Fantastic.

Also have tasted:

Village East - very good
The Garrison - very disappointing
The Woolpack - great especially the beef
The Royal Oak - very good - very much like a home made roast
Tanner & Co - ok


Anyone recommend any others? I knwo there are old threads about this on here but food/restaurants are always changing.
Monday 24 February 2014 1.23pm
The Brittania do quite a good Sunday Roast, although it seems to have been a bit inconsistant over the last couple of years.

We went to Simon the Tanner last Sunday and it was very good. I'd recommend the pork pie starter, and they also do a mixed roast (beef, chicken and pork) which is agreat idea as it's always the hardest choice of the week!
Monday 24 February 2014 1.47pm
The Camel and Artichoke in Lower Marsh do a nice Sunday roast.
Monday 24 February 2014 2.29pm
The Rose on Snowsfields and The Roebuck on Great Dover Street are both good, and both make a very respectable bloody mary too
Monday 24 February 2014 2.35pm
boroughonian wrote:
The Camel and Artichoke in Lower Marsh do a nice Sunday roast.

Did not realise they were open of a weekend. That's good to know!
Monday 24 February 2014 2.46pm
The Mint on Sthk Bridge Rd (just south of the old fire station, opposite the playground) is good, imho.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 24 February 2014 4.42pm
Mint=Goldsmith? Agreed if so, though it's at the pricier end. I also like the Trinity next to Borough tube.
Monday 24 February 2014 5.59pm
Pops wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
The Camel and Artichoke in Lower Marsh do a nice Sunday roast.

Did not realise they were open of a weekend. That's good to know!

Oh Mrs Pops will love me!
Monday 24 February 2014 6.15pm
boroughonian wrote:
Pops wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
The Camel and Artichoke in Lower Marsh do a nice Sunday roast.

Did not realise they were open of a weekend. That's good to know!

Oh Mrs Pops will love me!

Mrs Pops is here, Mr Pops does not exist!! No offence taken :)
Monday 24 February 2014 6.39pm
So what does Pops stand for? Just curious as I always had you pegged for a bloke.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: